live dried rock questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kehaulani
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kehaulani

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 18, 2014
Messages
528
Reaction score
51
Location
North Dakota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm gonna be buying some dried live rock for my 75 gal setup from bulk reef supply and was wondering what the difference is between Fiji rock, pukani rock, and tonga rock. What are the pros and cons and what works best. I was leaning towards the pukani rock because it is light and very porous but if you guys have any suggestions they would be much appreciated.
Thanks
 
I know I accidentally put live rock in there. I know it's not live which is why I am buying it dried cause it's cheaper. Thanks though
 
You should look at Marcos rock. I just got some and it is great. Packaging is great and there is nothing dead on them so you can put them right in. I also have pukani from brs but it will have to be rinsed or soaked before going in the tank. Marcos also has packages to pick from. It will be where I get all my dry rock. Real nice guy to talk to also.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new