Loaded Thread...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Techie_
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Techie_

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 31, 2016
Messages
345
Reaction score
147
Location
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1: So, my aquascape is looking a little bland and boring, as it is only stacked half way up the tank. I would like to purchase some more rock. It's a 55G, I'd like to get some BRS Puakani or something similar, you know light rock with lots of caves... My question is how much more rock should I add?

2: What size tank is a good upgrade from a 55? Preferably 6" or under.

3: I've been dosing Phosphate Rx. I cleared out my sand bed of GHA but it is still hanging out in my rocks, any advice? (Reactors are out of the question) (NO2/NO3 0ppm, PO4 .o2ppm, pH 8.2)

Here's the tank as of Friday (and some maintenance & algae removal):
rIBFINC.jpg
 
Using nutrient starving to remove algae when params are good leads to coral bleaching risk. If your tank was mine literally it would be totally algae free by Saturday. I'd lift out each rock and scrape off the algae with a tool, then hit area with peroxide. Would take the time to do that due to results and sustain, most want to continue with water work. For my tank it must comply by Saturday. The fact hardly any grows back since your params are so good is why I'd specifically do that method vs any other. The other non Saturday recommends would be ATS, more nutrient stripping, and clean up crews
 
Using nutrient starving to remove algae when params are good leads to coral bleaching risk. If your tank was mine literally it would be totally algae free by Saturday. I'd lift out each rock and scrape off the algae with a tool, then hit area with peroxide. Would take the time to do that due to results and sustain, most want to continue with water work. For my tank it must comply by Saturday. The fact hardly any grows back since your params are so good is why I'd specifically do that method vs any other. The other non Saturday recommends would be ATS, more nutrient stripping, and clean up crews
I've done that before, it was quite the process though, I'll see how far a turkey baster with a toothbrush strapped to it gets me, haha.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 26.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new