Lobo PAR values - what is too high?

Turkey head

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 26, 2017
Messages
345
Reaction score
236
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve searched online and find articles that describe a wide range of recommended PAR for lobos. Some sources say medium to high lighting and no consistency in what that actually means.

It was originally at around 70 when I brought it into the tank. Then I moved it to 110-115 for a while. Lastly, I moved it to my planned final spot this weekend which is around 160. I’ve had it for over 3 months and it’s been doing well. I’m also ramping up the light using a Kessil AP9X on the acclimation mode starting at 50% for two weeks. The coral has been not quite its norm but I did move it and the lighting and flow are both different. It’s too soon to really know how it likes the new spot.

What are your experiences with PAR on the higher side for lobos? What is too high?

This is its spot. The big-ish one under the urchin.

IMG_3760.jpeg
 
Thanks, that’s good to know. I mostly keep LPS but have some SPS at the top. The bottom of the tank PAR ranges from under 100 at the sides, 110-130 at the bottom and 225-230 at the top of the rocks. So far everything seems to be doing well. I know it’s a little low for the SPS but they are growing and look fine.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new