Lobo PAR values - what is too high?

Turkey head

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve searched online and find articles that describe a wide range of recommended PAR for lobos. Some sources say medium to high lighting and no consistency in what that actually means.

It was originally at around 70 when I brought it into the tank. Then I moved it to 110-115 for a while. Lastly, I moved it to my planned final spot this weekend which is around 160. I’ve had it for over 3 months and it’s been doing well. I’m also ramping up the light using a Kessil AP9X on the acclimation mode starting at 50% for two weeks. The coral has been not quite its norm but I did move it and the lighting and flow are both different. It’s too soon to really know how it likes the new spot.

What are your experiences with PAR on the higher side for lobos? What is too high?

This is its spot. The big-ish one under the urchin.

IMG_3760.jpeg

OP
OP
Turkey head

Turkey head

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, that’s good to know. I mostly keep LPS but have some SPS at the top. The bottom of the tank PAR ranges from under 100 at the sides, 110-130 at the bottom and 225-230 at the top of the rocks. So far everything seems to be doing well. I know it’s a little low for the SPS but they are growing and look fine.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back