OP
OP
J

jorge0912

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any fighting chance ? He just stuck him self over night on a piece of rock he took the rock way to the middle still has tears on his foot but will he recover as he is sticking to the rock ?

54ECB291-65C0-41B7-B82D-E1D5490EFD44.jpeg

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sticking is a good sign...just see what he does.

OP
OP
J

jorge0912

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got home from work anemone was verry colorful but going to my over flow thank god I had it covered didn’t get hurt still looks the same but its mouth looks like this and is throwing like meat out of it just made a water change last Friday and made another again due to the fact that I moved the aquarium the anemone has a lot of color but if it’s dying I can remove it u guys tell me

43ECDB06-883E-459F-AEA0-391A36F227F7.jpeg

OP
OP
J

jorge0912

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it a good song of him pooping and Anemones mouth is gaping open checked nitrates are at 10 amonia 0 alk 8 calcium 480
The problem that I have is the Clarkis keep going inside the anemones mouth like all the way in into his mouth to the point where I can’t see them and then they come out what are they doing in his mouth and inside his body

CB78174E-9C5C-4CFB-B174-6DD1D7F3F439.jpeg

OP
OP
J

jorge0912

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could the Clarkis die if I do ? And is it bad they are going deep in his mouth ?

OP
OP
J

jorge0912

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah they been on my tank without an anemone for about 6 months

OP
OP
J

jorge0912

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And why is the anemones mouth like that
And is it normal. For the clowns to be going all the way in its mouth ?

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jorge, how is it looking this morning? I feel several of us along with you are concerned about your LTA. If it still has its mouth agape is there any way to separate the paired Amphiprion Clarkii clowns from it even if you can just place the LTA in a plastic colander to float at the surface to see if its mouth will close?

Concerns I personally have after being introduced for a week or longer and one or more of the following signs seen, could (not always) be a problem for longevity.

*The anemone is expelling a long and stringy brown substance could be poop your anemone is expelling some of its zooxanthellae. This could be a serious concern.

* The anemone seems to shrink and expand a lot. Anemones will deflate and then re-inflate as a way of changing the water inside of them flushing out wastes. If this is continually happening or if it remains shrunk for longer periods of time, your anemone might be having health problems. stressed or both.

* The mouth is open when it is not eating or expelling wastes.

* When an anemone moves into the rocks and hides from sight or upside down it might be avoiding hosting as anemones decide if it will be the one allowing the hosting. It appears as though there is only 1/2 the symbiotic relationship occurring and it is from the clowns. Clowns not only place food in the anemone, they also groom them (snipping off dead ends of tentacles and such) and I'm worried about what they are doing in the base of the LTA.

* The anemone will not attach its self anywhere in the tank.

I agree with the fellow member that as long as it is not mushy that is is alive. But I would also have a fine net or leg of a pantyhose to collect as much as possible if the worse case did happen, and I honestly hope it can bounce back.

OP
OP
J

jorge0912

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah is been super little all night and the Clarkis are not taking and interest in it and maybe u are right I should separate them maybe putting the anemone on a bucket ?
I just don’t want the Clarkis to die :/ of stress
Also is not sticky no more like it used to wont even grab food no more :/
Foot is healing but the mouth not looking good :/

OP
OP
J

jorge0912

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had stable water parameters for a while but idk what went wrong :/

OP
OP
J

jorge0912

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe it was to mature and old to be changed to a new tank :/ next time I should get a small one

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 64 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.7%
Back