Looking for a second opinion for Duncan.

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so for a while now I’ve noticed a spot on my Duncan gradually getting bigger. I noticed a few weeks ago a little spot on the skeleton skin of my Duncan getting bigger and showing it’s skeleton. I showed my preferred LFS a pic of what was goin on. He suggested that I take a saw and cut the cancer off and dip in polylabs reef primer. I mentioned that this piece was glued to my rock work and has encrusted onto it. He advised me that in order to Address the issue it had to be dipped because he thought it looked like and infection that could potentially spread to the head(s) of my Duncan and possibly kill it. I bought it with one head and in less than a year there’s 7 now. Since I don’t have a saw he offered that I bring it in to him (off of the rock) and that he’d happily do the cutting for me. I trust this kid. He’s never really tried to force sales on me and has even advised me against purchases from their stock in the past (because of difficulty levels and such). Can I get someone to chime in just to settle me? Thanks in advance!!!! D72DB8B5-74DA-43A8-8344-F3C873169F3A.jpeg

OP
OP
olonmv

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't know about infection but I would take him up on the offer!
I did indeed take him up on the offer. It was really simple to remove from the rock. Took it in and he performed his magic and dipped it in revive after. Hope I caught it in time!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back