Looking for active groups in North Carolina

stanleo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in Statesville, about an hour north of Charlotte. I'm trying to find a good group to join in the area, any one know of one? Their is Reef Aquarium Society of Charlotte but I don't think they are very active. The newest post I see in their forum is 2017 and the last "every 3rd Saturday" meeting seems to have been in April. I would really like to find some experienced people close by to become friends with. This site is great but I think a personal connection would go a long way to advancing me in this hobby.

Or hey, if you're close by and looking for a reefing buddy, shoot me an IM. I would love to get coffee sometime. Doesn't have to be experienced. lol

If this should be posted somewhere else, please move it.

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @stanleo

We are trying to revive the club forum here on R2R. As we just set up a private forum for the club. The club shifted over to FB and stopped using the forums a while back.

We want to bring the forum back, but on R2R as we can share and learn from many other reefers locally, and around the world.

If your interested in joining the club, shut me a PM, and I'll get you to the right person.

dank reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a sticky post that @Bleigh posted earlier on today that explains what perks you get when you become a member of #RASOC

And if you join before Dec. 14th, your able to join the club Christmas Luncheon, and be eligible for some great raffles the club was able to obtain.

dank reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the link with info on our club.

This club has been in action for a long time, but has been out of R2R. We are trying to make a come back here, as we know there are a ton of reefers in Charlotte, and the surrounding areas.

Bleigh

The best bad influence
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Join #RASOC!!!!! Do it!!!! Lol

I’m in Charlotte near the arboretum. I thought the same thing about RASOC initially too, but joined a few months ago. Hopefully we can get some momentum. There’s a ton of reefers In The area. We could make a bigger impact with all of us! Perhaps even rivaling the Atlanta reefing club. ;)

dank reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
giphy.gif

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I have a proposal for Charlotte and surrounding. Not @h2oh2o hes outside that 48 minute boundary

I have to stock my upcoming build, I am going to swing by Nemo’s and see if he will place and order. Wondering if anyone else interested to see if we can get a group buy going.

@Bleigh , you know who most of us around here are.can you tag em to see if anyone wants in. I am hoping Kevin would do this for us.

Ps. @Silver14SS . Your urchin took off with my acro frag plug today. And, he still has a piece of shell he picked up since like day 1 on his back. That’s not what I paid for ;Jawdrop

Juice780

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are y’all favorite local stores? I like advanced aquatic pets in Belmont and one near mooresville. Can’t remember the name.

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I have a proposal for Charlotte and surrounding. Not @h2oh2o hes outside that 48 minute boundary

I have to stock my upcoming build, I am going to swing by Nemo’s and see if he will place and order. Wondering if anyone else interested to see if we can get a group buy going.

@Bleigh , you know who most of us around here are.can you tag em to see if anyone wants in. I am hoping Kevin would do this for us.

Ps. @Silver14SS . Your urchin took off with my acro frag plug today. And, he still has a piece of shell he picked up since like day 1 on his back. That’s not what I paid for ;Jawdrop

LOL. Please....you know I would be down even if I were 1.5 hours away. However, I am getting around 20 frags from Tim Herman in January. Maybe we could all pitch in and get a nice sized order from him for a disount??

Last edited:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back