0   0   0
So I am going to get a 10-15 gallon tank and plan on stocking it with:
2 clown fish
1 goby
2 shrimp
1 Tuxedo urchin
1 small harlequin serpent sea star
And some coral as the tank progresses.
I would really like to find a small eel like fish that would be able to live in a tank this small. I’ve come across engineer gobies and a yellow face pike blenny but I’m sure these fish get too big for a tank like mine. If anyone has any ideas or tips please let me know!

Arlen nemeth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am going to get a 10-15 gallon tank and plan on stocking it with:
2 clown fish
1 goby
2 shrimp
1 Tuxedo urchin
1 small harlequin serpent sea star
And some coral as the tank progresses.
I would really like to find a small eel like fish that would be able to live in a tank this small. I’ve come across engineer gobies and a yellow face pike blenny but I’m sure these fish get too big for a tank like mine. If anyone has any ideas or tips please let me know!
Thats already alot of fish for a 10 to 15 gallon i wouldnt get anymore

IamLeE

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Engineer gobies are “eel-like” fish.. they grow up to 12” so I wouldn’t get one unless you do plan to upgrade in the future

OP
OP
NewNanoTank

NewNanoTank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all for the replies! I would like to eventually upgrade but unfortunately I’m limited with space right now. Any other opinions about my current plans bioload? Would this already be too much? Also in terms of potentially changing plans if someone does know of a small eel like fish please post below ! Thanks :)

Anthrax15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People tend to underestimate how big clownfish get. I would stop with what you have. It'll yield better results in terms of not overstocking your tank and raising your Nitrates from all the fish waste.

A Neon Dottyback might suffice for that "eel" look but they can be aggressive. Would swap the Goby out if you were going to get that or the Dottyback.

Anthrax15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or you could do a Midas Blenny. But again, they will quickly outgrow a 10-15g tank.

ichthyogeek

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pipefish. Specifically, the blue line pipefish (Doryrhamphus excisus), which only gets to 3". The care requirements are a bit much for new reefers, since you need to feed them a lot of zooplankton (think: baby brine shrimp) every day.

There's also the golden dwarf moray (Gymnothorax melatremus), but that gets to a size of 7", which seems kind of large for a 10-15 gallon. It would probably also go after the goby and clownfish as well...

Regardless, I agree with the others above about the tank being pretty stocked as is. What's the tank going to be on? If it's those cheap walmart stands, those can be used for 20H tanks as well, which give you a lot more room to play with footprint wise.

Back