Looking for Input - Coralvue Hydros Setup

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I travel a decent amount and am probably away a minimum of 10% each year on vacations or visiting family for extended weekends. I am very interested in a controller for peace of mind while I’m away.

I am currently setting up a 25 gallon AIO.

Heres what I’m thinking:
- Temperature sensor controlling 2 redundant heaters
- Leak detector which can shut off ATO, return pump, and dosing pumps
- Water level sensor which can shut off ATO, return pump, and dosing pumps if the water is too high (ATO stuck )
- Water level sensor which can shut off return pump and dosing pumps if the water level is too low and the equipment could run dry (ATO broke)

I haven’t decided if I want to have the ATO tied into the Hydros controller using their provided pump and sensor, or if I want to stick with a XP Aqua. Using the hydros ATO would mean I need a 5th sensor port and a single drive port. This would mean I need a control 2 and a control XS. That’s why I’m leaning toward just using the XP Aqua, since it doesn’t seem worth getting the second controller for just the one device.

Are there any other sensors I should get? Are there any I should remove or probably won’t need?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am assuming you are leaning toward the Control 2. You can always get another control unit at any time and start a collective and add both to the collective. Right now I have 6 control units in a collective. I did not start with that many. I started with one Control 4 and added to it over time. Just make sure and add your original control unit to the collective as the first unit in the collective if you want to keep the setup. Any added after that will have their setup erased when they are added to the collective. Also you will need a buss cable and a terminator to connect two control units in a collective.

joetucker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am assuming you are leaning toward the Control 2. You can always get another control unit at any time and start a collective and add both to the collective. Right now I have 6 control units in a collective. I did not start with that many. I started with one Control 4 and added to it over time. Just make sure and add your original control unit to the collective as the first unit in the collective if you want to keep the setup. Any added after that will have their setup erased when they are added to the collective. Also you will need a buss cable and a terminator to connect two control units in a collective.
Have you used the Hydros ATO Kit and/or ATO functionality as part of you setup? If so, have you been happy with it? Any issues?

Tankalicious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you used the Hydros ATO Kit and/or ATO functionality as part of you setup? If so, have you been happy with it? Any issues?
Joe,

I have been using the Hydros ATO on a Control 2 for 2 weeks now without any issues.

I personally plan to add the Sense 4 to my system to add extra safety shutoff sensors.

If it fails I will probably look into making my own with the Hydros Drive cable

Just my 2 cents

OP
OP
Schraufabagel

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using the Hydros ATO. It works very well and is easy to use. Having it on the controller makes it easy to disable along with other devices during water changes. I haven't tried yet, but I plan to see if I can tie my ATO to my leak sensor to prevent overflow and a water level sensor to prevent run dry. That can be done using custom outputs within the app.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a dosing pump on a drive port but not the Hydros pump. My storage tank is in the garage and the tank is across the house so the tubing has to run through the attic to get to the tank.

rural-reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a dosing pump on a drive port but not the Hydros pump. My storage tank is in the garage and the tank is across the house so the tubing has to run through the attic to get to the tank.

Danny,

Which pump are you using and how did you wire it to the hydros drive port? I am in a similar situation as you: my storage tank is far away from the display.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Danny,

Which pump are you using and how did you wire it to the hydros drive port? I am in a similar situation as you: my storage tank is far away from the display.
I used the Intllab dosing pump. I made the cable from the parts in the screenshots below.

9FF48E78-0450-46EA-90C3-C55F80412416.png

0F7217A6-2FE9-4913-9E9B-C80B2A2A8EFE.png

A7661FB9-F8A0-4F60-9CDF-06F3F3CE7DA0.png

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back