Looking for Paul B’s book

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I'm in the DIY section trying to figure out how you ran ozone thru your skimmer. I've only ever used ozone in a reactor/generator.

It's self explanatory. You run the Ozonizer in series with the air pump. Whats not to know?

I don't have no skimmer from China. I built the thing myself out of thick PVC and acrylic maybe 20 or 30 years ago

Last edited:

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well duh Paul, I don't think I've ever seen a skimmer quite like that before. Btw, what's that thing on the wall with the cord hanging down? :p:D

P.S. Is it just me or is it very slow to type on here right now??

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A tethered cell phone. The tether is to keep people from stealing it and I probably hung it there in 1980 when I moved there.

Did you notice that silver electrical box to the left of the skimmer near the middle.

That has a GFCI in it and the pump for the skimmer is fed from it. There is a wire coming from it going into that bucket at the bottom.

That is for the skimmer effluent.

If it fills, the water hits the wire and trips the GFCI shutting off the pump so it doesn't over flow.

I also built one under my water heater. If it leaks, the GFCI wire under the heater trips the circuit and the electric water valve that feeds the hot water heater closes preventing a leak.

I am not just another pretty face you know. :p

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not just another pretty face you know. :p

All B S'ing aside, you've got a pretty good brain under that chrome dome. ;) I'm learning some new things from your book.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't pay attention to my book. If everyone had fish that lived forever, all the LFSs would go out of business. :p

What did you think of my Daughters foreword?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you think of my Daughters foreword?

My favorite part was about having to pay the mob to "watch your car" at the fish market. Do you still have to do that? If so, we gotta go there.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, the mob is out of the fish business thanks to Mayor Juliano.
There are also no more ******* in Manhattan or 42nd street. Not much of anything in Manhattan any more. But I hate the place and if our Daughter didn't live there, I wouldn't even fly over the place. :oops:

The market is mostly Asian now and in Brooklyn.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really want to thank all the people who bought my book. I honestly figured it would sell 5 maybe 6 copies, Tops. :cool:
I am not exactly Edgar Allen Poe. ;Wideyed

I don't know how many copies sold because I can't figure out the Amazon site but I donated $500.00 from the sales to Multiple Sclerosis research a few weeks ago and figured it would never produce that many sales. But it passed that and soon I will again take a ride there and give them whatever else it makes.

I think they are starting to like me. :cool:

I don't care about book sales, but I do care about people with this disease.

So I sincerely thank you.
Of course I hope you enjoy the book. I may read it again to see if I agree with anything I wrote as I wrote it in 2015 and I forgot what I cooked for breakfast 10 minutes ago.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The book actually made over $500.00 in profits already. I gave the MS Society $500.00 already and soon I will give them another $500.00.

This time they will probably give me a cookie with that coffee. :p

Thanks Guys.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My book is actually still selling pretty good, almost a book every two days, I think, I still can't figure out the web site.
But I will know when they send me the money and when it reaches another $500.00, I will take another ride to the MS Society to donate it.

When I get my taxes done this year, I am going to try to find how to make the money go directly to them because the way I do it now, I have to pay taxes on money that I am not even getting because on your tax return, you don't automatically break even if you get money and donate that exact amount of money.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to the people on these forums, yesterday I was able to donate another $500.00 to the National MS Society.
When they send me a receipt, I will post it. I don't want people to think I am spending that money on
Copperband butterflies and Supermodels.

Normally I drive to the New York MS Society, but because of Covid 19, they have been closed so I had to mail the donation.

VR28man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent Paul. As mentioned before, you write so much, I think that if you took your top 10% posts on here, RC, and a few other forums, and stiched them together and edited them into some kind of coherent whole, you'd have a killer sequel.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
VR28man, how do you think I wrote that book in the first place :p

But it is hard for me to write coherently. :rolleyes:

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to put up the receipt that I just got from the MS society for the donation I gave them from my book. This is the second donation I gave them.
I wanted to show that any profits from my book go to MS research and I don't keep any of it.
This time I donated it in my cousins name who just died a few weeks ago. He, like my wife had MS but died suddenly from an aneurism.
He got married on Sunday and died on Tuesday

Attachments

• MS receipt 2020.pdf
    390.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Rybren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your cousin Paul; my condolences. Thank you for continuing to donate the proceeds from your book sales.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If any of youse guys liked my book, I would appreciate it if you would write a review on the Amazon site. I personally don't know how to do that or I would write what I thought about it, but that may be redundant.

I know you southern people say You-all but I am from New York and we talk different. :p

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was actually thinking of a sequel last night. A lot of new things happened in the last few years in respect to gut bacteria and how it affects fish, and our health.

I have been trying to recruit retired Supermodels to try some worms in their afternoon champagne to see how it improves their attitude, ;Yuck but so far I have no takers.

It is also hard to find Supermodels with ich.
I will keep trying. :p

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back