Looking for pink zoa’s. What types are out there?

Ef4life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you lose them if I may ask?
Idk really either asterina stars ate them or they just melted away over time.

Yes some asterina stars will eat zoas. Mostly the greyish black ones in my experience. Not a huge deal if you know about it and regulate the population if they start getting up in numbers.

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if someone mentioned,

Daisy Dukes
Armor of God (AOG)
and Rainbow infusion has some pink
I don't have AOG, but here's my dukes and rainbows (next to an unknown purple and lime green zoa):
PXL_20230825_203546169.MP.jpg

Gyarados

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aphrodite Zoa is my favorite pink type of the Zoas. It has a golden rim and and get bigger than most Zoas (not sure if it’s a paly), which gives it a “pop” effect.

PeterEde

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for bright pink varieties of zoa’s. I am not familiar with a lot of them and was wondering if any of you could share some names that they know of / own which would make it easier for me to search on. I don’t see them pass by very often. Perhaps I am looking in the wrong places?! Thanks!
Sakura sunrise. But be warned it grows very fast and will take over other zoas. Put it on it's own rock. It's a nice pink
1696308825374.png

OP
OP
Miemaes

Miemaes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aphrodite Zoa is my favorite pink type of the Zoas. It has a golden rim and and get bigger than most Zoas (not sure if it’s a paly), which gives it a “pop” effect.
Beautiful! Do Palys behave differently then regular zoas?

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are the charmanders, I think. Very nice red-orange. Goes nicely next to Pikachus, surprise surprise.
PXL_20230825_203557168.MP.jpg

PXL_20230825_203531580.MP.jpg
I see growing off frag onto sand. how does it respond to sand cleaning and even adjusting a few inches if needed? my flow creates sand dunes along with jawfish burials so mine are all plugged into rocks. some point planning to drill holes in frag rocks to place in those and have mobile ability. I also chose not to glue scape together incase I need to remove a rock from aiptasia to other unforeseen issue.

Gyarados

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful! Do Palys behave differently then regular
Not sure behavior wise, but they can be grown in same condition as zoas. Maybe the paly are more territorial because they usually grow bigger heads and skirts which can shade nearby Zoas.

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see growing off frag onto sand. how does it respond to sand cleaning and even adjusting a few inches if needed? my flow creates sand dunes along with jawfish burials so mine are all plugged into rocks. some point planning to drill holes in frag rocks to place in those and have mobile ability. I also chose not to glue scape together incase I need to remove a rock from aiptasia to other unforeseen issue.
Yeah, that's unintentional. They are in the sand bed out of negligence. I keep imagining myself putting them on the rocks and then never get around to it or stare at it forever and remain undecided on where to put everything.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%
Back