Looking for RODI Unit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

CoralDanimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello BRS,

I'm looking to buy a RODI unit from BRS and I'm looking for your advice for what I should buy. I have a Red Sea Reefer Nano. I do a weekly 2.5 gallon water change and roughly 3-4 gallons of top off so I'm looking to make roughly 10 gallons a week. Here's the hard part - I rent and I only have my sink and bathroom faucets to work with. Water pressure isn't great. I was previously buying from a LFS but I bought a TDS meter and it's more than 10ppm. What would you recommendation be to me?

Best,
Dan

OP
OP
CoralDanimal

CoralDanimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, my faucet isn't a normal faucet:
tVcnz0G.jpg

However, I do have hook-ups with easy access if this is helpful:
mE8Hpnm.jpg

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a faucet adapter. That will allow you to hook your unit up to your kitchen faucet... hook up and detach the RODI unit as needed.

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/chrome-faucet-diverter-valve.html

This is what I do, keeping my RODI unit stored in a crate in a utility closet when not in use. I also use these quick connect valves on the input and output lines of my unit to make sure the unit is full of water when stored to protect the filters.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B012...&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=melida+valve

As far as what unit to get? At minimum, I'd go with their 4 stage value plus system as it has an integrated DI canister as well as dual inline TDS meters.

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/4-stage-75gpd-plus-ro-di-system-bulk-reef-supply.html

K. Steven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I rent as well. Use either a faucet adapter for temporary RO/DI production or a John Guest angle stop valve to plumb semi-permanently into your cold water line. Also, invest in a booster pump. They pay for themselves in no time.
365a445090741c83fdc48136335c9a9c.jpg
a3d9b940fa833e3e3023943a2a0ff41a.jpg

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello BRS,

I'm looking to buy a RODI unit from BRS and I'm looking for your advice for what I should buy. I have a Red Sea Reefer Nano. I do a weekly 2.5 gallon water change and roughly 3-4 gallons of top off so I'm looking to make roughly 10 gallons a week. Here's the hard part - I rent and I only have my sink and bathroom faucets to work with. Water pressure isn't great. I was previously buying from a LFS but I bought a TDS meter and it's more than 10ppm. What would you recommendation be to me?
Best,
Dan

Hey Dan!

All the responses so far are absolutely spot on! I couldn't say it better myself. :p I do agree that, with the minimal amount of water you are making weekly and that you have low TDS, the 4-stage is perfect for you! Another great thing about the 4stage is how space saving it is compared to the 5-stage and 6-stage and should easily fit under your sink, up and out of the way!

Please let me know if you have any further questions! (And save yourself 10% TODAY with our current sitewide sale! ;)

-Randy

Back