Losing all torches one by one

Eryeal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About 3 weeks ago started to lose Euphyllia, and they seem to go one by one. Lost some torches, hammer, and frogspawn. Generally they look great, then one day start withdrawing a bit, then in a span of 2-3 more days end up dying completely. It doesn't look like brown jelly that I can see, nor flatworms. I'm attaching a pic of a torch that just started today looking unhealthy (this morning looked great, by afternoon looks like the pic) - seeing if anyone here has any thoughts by looking at the picture. Tank parameters are watched like a hawk and no abnormalities, no swings. Tons of other coral (mixed varieties) and it's just the euphyllia. The other strange thing is they just seem to go one-by-one. One gets unhealthy and dies, everything else looks good, then 2-3 days later another one starts to look unhealthy and dies, and the process repeats. No livestock are bothering them.

IMG_6348.jpg

Davy Jones

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had the same thing happen in my tank after ordering from AquaSD. Tried iodine, revive and even FW dips but nothing helped. Lost all euphyllia in the tank and that was that.

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried dipping in coral rx or revive?? It may be a fungal infection passing from coral to coral. I had this happen once. Had a bicolor frogspawn that was about 60 heads and a Duncan that was about 40 heads. The froggy started dying one by 1. Then the Duncan then all my other lps including my acan. I assumed it was a fungal infection that spread. But I also did find a magnet failure and found rust in my sump so that could have been it too. But like you said it only affected my lps. My sps were fine.

OP
OP
Eryeal

Eryeal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried dipping in coral rx or revive?? It may be a fungal infection passing from coral to coral. I had this happen once. Had a bicolor frogspawn that was about 60 heads and a Duncan that was about 40 heads. The froggy started dying one by 1. Then the Duncan then all my other lps including my acan. I assumed it was a fungal infection that spread. But I also did find a magnet failure and found rust in my sump so that could have been it too. But like you said it only affected my lps. My sps were fine.

I did dip one torch that looked only about 1/2 gone (with rx) last week - half of the tentacles still looked decent at the time. Unfortunately it didn't save it at all. A day later it was fully gone.

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate treating antidotal, but if its fungal fluconazole is a fungicide. It may be worth the shot. It can be dosed in the tank directly. And wont hurt anything

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could very well be BJD. Brown jelly disease.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.2%
Back