Lost a clown, now maybe another, help please.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are in a QT right? If it were me, I’d probably remove the rock and treat them with metroplex. Externally in a the water column for 14 days, and internally by binding he medication to food once they start eating again, for at least 10 days.

If you’d like to cover the possibility of flukes, you can replace the second dose and the dose 6 days after (you dose metroplex every 48 hours) with general cure. You can feed general cure in the place of the metroplex for a stronger dewormer as well.

This would give you at least a base coverage for brook, intestinal parasites, and flukes prophylactically.

I treat all of my fish prophylactically... I just can’t risk the chance of making a mistake in judgement and having something take out all of my fish.

Here is a good link describing a possible prophylactic treatment schedule for quarantine. I follow a similar ideology, just might tweak it a bit based on the type of fish in qt, the specific condition of said fish, and my own personal preferences.

My Current QT Process
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...ds/My-Current-QT-Process.483371/&share_type=t

Last edited:

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great advice above ^^^

Sorry for your loss. Always hard to lose a nice fish. +1 ^^^ to the above, but I'd add dosing Furan2. I'm leaning towards a bacterial infection inside the gills: rapid breathing and the fin rot. The only way to be sure would to check the kidney of the fish for signs of infection. Furan2 is my go to med for mysterious illnesses.

OP
OP
A

aircrane1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are in a QT right? If it were me, I’d probably remove the rock and treat them with metroplex. Externally in a the water column for 14 days, and internally by binding he medication to food once they start eating again, for at least 10 days.

If you’d like to cover the possibility of flukes, you can replace the second dose and the dose 6 days after (you dose metroplex every 48 hours) with general cure. You can feed general cure in the place of the metroplex for a stronger dewormer as well.

This would give you at least a base coverage for brook, intestinal parasites, and flukes prophylactically.

I treat all of my fish prophylactically... I just can’t risk the chance of making a mistake in judgement and having something take out all of my fish.

Here is a good link describing a possible prophylactic treatment schedule for quarantine. I follow a similar ideology, just might tweak it a bit based on the type of fish in qt, the specific condition of said fish, and my own personal preferences.

My Current QT Process
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=1020&share_tid=483371&url=https://www.reef2reef.com/index.php?threads/My-Current-QT-Process.483371/&share_type=t

Thank you so much for the advice. It has been a log time since I have had a tank and so much is new to me. What you suggest is exactly the sort if input I need right now. I'm going to try it and hope for the best!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back