LPS Care Overview (spreadsheet)

Evan West

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

This sheet was started due to another thread I had posted in regard to LPS placement and my want to condense the often scattered info into an easy to use format. The sheet as it is now does exist in that other thread however I want to make a thread just for this sheet to help it develop and draw attention to it as I feel it can be helpful to a lot of people! Please feel free to point out any incorrect information as this is compiled via my research, NOT experience. Help me add to it by giving suggestions of LPS corals to add, new coulombs to add, and providing info to fill in the sheet.

LPS Update.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great job my friend!

Joseph Pagnotta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Understood. As seasoned Reef Veterans you and I as well as many others would know that, but they're are many new R2R Members whom need it more in Layman terms. IMO. BUT YOUR LFS POST WAS "Dead On Balls Accurate"
(In my Mona Lisa Vito Voice)
[HASHTAG]#mycousinvinny[/HASHTAG]

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Kimkjaer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my Acans at the bottom of the aquarium, standing out great ..
My scolymia is in low flow and in part shadow, really looking great.
echinophyllia in low flow and low light .
Euphyllia at semi high flow, and semi light "250 par" at the top ..

LPS only tank ..

OP
OP
Evan West

Evan West

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Understood. As seasoned Reef Veterans you and I as well as many others would know that, but they're are many new R2R Members whom need it more in Layman terms. IMO. BUT YOUR LFS POST WAS "Dead On Balls Accurate"
(In my Mona Lisa Vito Voice)
[HASHTAG]#mycousinvinny[/HASHTAG]

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Very good point! They will be separate on the next update!

SteadyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guide has several inaccuracies. For example, blastomussa has no sweaper tentacles. They are considered friendly on liveaquaria for example.

OP
OP
Evan West

Evan West

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This guide has several inaccuracies. For example, blastomussa has no sweaper tentacles. They are considered friendly on liveaquaria for example.

I would like to place emphasis that this is simply from my research, however upon investigation you are correct, it would appear that I made a mistake when filling the sheet out and I will make that correction on the next update! Thanks for pointing that out.

SteadyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to place emphasis that this is simply from my research, however upon investigation you are correct, it would appear that I made a mistake when filling the sheet out and I will make that correction on the next update! Thanks for pointing that out.
Cool man, I also like them in mid range vs. on the sand, mine are both in the upper 3/4 of the tank. One is softball size. I think, but not 100% sure! that micromussa is the same. Maybe add other LPS like Duncan, chalice, sun polyps, doughnut, cynaria, flower pot, etc.?

Richie Lloyd

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The OP is trying to help which is great
My local LFS has a Par meter they have started renting out
I would like a sheet where I could look to see what sort of par some of my corals are in and it may help me with some of my current colouring up issues

OP
OP
Evan West

Evan West

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The OP is trying to help which is great
My local LFS has a Par meter they have started renting out
I would like a sheet where I could look to see what sort of par some of my corals are in and it may help me with some of my current colouring up issues

I appreciate the suggestion, that might be a tad hard for me to add but from my understanding typically low par is 50-100, med is 100-200, high is 200-500 and anything over that is very high par. Hope it helps!

Mark P

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Evan...nice work. Do you have a copy of the spreadsheet that you could link here or shoot me via email? Thanks.

OP
OP
Evan West

Evan West

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Evan...nice work. Do you have a copy of the spreadsheet that you could link here or shoot me via email? Thanks.

Are you just looking to save the sheet so its on your computer or are you looking for an editable version?

Mark P

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you just looking to save the sheet so its on your computer or are you looking for an editable version?
editable would be nice, but read only would be fine too...so yes, something that I could save on my laptop.

Ike

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a lot of misspelled genera on the list, so I'd suggest going through and working on those (less i's and more y's). Also, for consistency and clarity you should have the genus and common name of each coral listed. You're missing quite a few common and popular genera, Platygyra, Heliofungia, Tubastrea, Tubinaria, Echinophyllia just to name some off the top of my head... I'd do some more research on the placement portion, many listed as "sand" often occur on the reef structure in nature and will do quite well there in our aquariums.

Lastly, you've got some things in there that aren't "LPS", "Zoas/Palys" are stoloniferans and toadstool is an octocoral or "soft coral".

Good for you for taking this on, keep at it!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Evan West

Evan West

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a lot of misspelled genera on the list, so I'd suggest going through and working on those (less i's and more y's). Also, for consistency and clarity you should have the genus and common name of each coral listed. You're missing quite a few common and popular genera, Platygyra, Heliofungia, Tubastrea, Tubinaria, Echinophyllia just to name some off the top of my head... I'd do some more research on the placement portion, many listed as "sand" often occur on the reef structure in nature and will do quite well there in our aquariums.

Lastly, you've got some things in there that aren't "LPS", "Zoas/Palys" are stoloniferans and toadstool is an octocoral or "soft coral".

Good for you for taking this on, keep at it!

Thank you for the feedback! It only helps this sheet grow and improve for everyone to benefit! I threw Zoa and Toadstool in there originally as this was at first just intended for my personal use and I wanted to keep both those corals however once I put it on R2R I chose to leave them as ive often seen them in LPS tanks even tho they themselves are not LPS.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.3%
Back