Lps lighting

CB06

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to place lps corals across the top of my rock work and trying to work out what percentage to run my reef led 50 at. It’s on a 20 gallon high. The light is 15cm from water surface and the closest coral will be about 10cm below water surface. At the moment only have some muschroom and toadstool with the lights set at 35% blue and 13% white peaked for 8 hours. Also how much of an effect does intesity have on par. If I cut the intestity in half does this cut par in half?

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to place lps corals across the top of my rock work and trying to work out what percentage to run my reef led 50 at. It’s on a 20 gallon high. The light is 15cm from water surface and the closest coral will be about 10cm below water surface. At the moment only have some muschroom and toadstool with the lights set at 35% blue and 13% white peaked for 8 hours. Also how much of an effect does intesity have on par. If I cut the intestity in half does this cut par in half?
A picture would help. I would want more blue than 35/13. That's about 15000 kelvin. Try 50/13 and that should be about 20,000 K. Also set the acclimation at about 65-70 % for 10-15 days. That should bring you to a start of about 35 blue. Then just see if they are happy. The main thing is to not change anything to fast. Not sure about intensity verses par but it makes since.

OP
OP
C

CB06

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to be placing many Euphillyia all across the top of the rocks. So would 50% still be low enough so I’m not gonna bleach them? My thinking was since lps are usually placed at the bottom of tanks away from high sps intensities I’d have to run my intesity a bit lower so I could place them higher.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 25

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back