Lumen Bright Relfector on a 120g

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rickyrooz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
1,490
Reaction score
1,145
Location
Newtown, PA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw Aquarium Specialty is now selling Coral Vue Lumen Bright Double Ended Pendants (Dimensions: 15"x15"x10"). I plan to buy to of these to replace my current fixture for the holidays. My question is will this reflector be too large for a tank with dimensions 48"x24"x24"? I will be running two 14K Phoenix DE bulbs on a PFO HQI magnetic ballast. I don't want to have shadows so will I have to have the pendant suspended closer to the waters surface or further away? I'm hoping I can keep the light 6" about the surface since it is 15"x15" compared to my current 6"x2.5" reflector which doesn't leave too many shadows. How do I get rid of shadows, move the fixture closer to the waters surface?

www.rickysreef.com
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 9.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new