Magnifica Anemone

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure why, but my magnifica did not prioritize highest point. Flow seemed to be more interesting to it, though it could be due to the fact that my light is possibly adequate throughout.

My mag is probably a bit lower than midway up. I started it up as high on the rockwork with a smooth pedestal rock (reef epoxy smooth, and flat). It climbed down, up, to the surface on the glass, and all the way back down to one of the lowest parts of my rockwork and hasn't moved since.

OP
OP
B

bknope

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated mouth. Did a partial water change Friday.
1f295cfec2bd4e01727378d26c1ac913.jpg

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a bunch of mags over the years. Some find a spot and never move; others move around all the time. Some split, others never did. I always design a rock pillar with a smooth top, that way the mag gets lots of light and chaotic flow. This usually keeps it rooted. Occasionally they will detach and float .... which is a BAD thing.

Antibiotic use was originally done by Joe Y. in the 1990s and then documented by Minh over on RC; still one of the best threads ever.

Sir Chris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are the quint essential pictures of a haram with a gapping whole they reside in? Or Is that a condilactus?

I love my sebea for that large nem look but never move being a sand footer, 15 inch wide tho

EDIT: My LFS’s is always on the back glass almost out of the water

OP
OP
B

bknope

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are the quint essential pictures of a haram with a gapping whole they reside in? Or Is that a condilactus?

I love my sebea for that large nem look but never move being a sand footer, 15 inch wide tho

EDIT: My LFS’s is always on the back glass almost out of the water

Magnificas (this one) and giganteas are typically the ones you see harams with.

Do you have a picture of your LFS’s?

Sir Chris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Magnificas (this one) and giganteas are typically the ones you see harams with.

Do you have a picture of your LFS’s?
No I do not. Brown in color and ugly like a flappy piece of skin that’s also 2 feet long at the surface of the water but cascades down to give HUGE protection to the haram. I will take a pic when I go in tomorrow for Cal.

It set the stage for me and nem growth taking a tank over.
Want to add what a HEALTHY! sebea looks.. 14inch

image.jpg

OP
OP
B

bknope

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may have overfed my anemone accidentally while feeding my coral and clownfish.

Tonight she’s looking a bit deflated. Mouth is still closed:
ca533be2eef8c1b73a187889f518f430.jpg

For reference (last week):
7a98d7bc66ecf267cad41c9400df5005.jpg

I’m thinking she’s just expelling? I also changed out some water yesterday as well.

Sir Chris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you over feed it will regurgitate the food up shortly after.

At 1st all I fed was silversides and would eat 30% of the time and spit up others. Switches to shrimp and will eat always and crush them up prior like I’m digesting some for them, 3 standard shrimp it consumes happily(only a few times). The passed month has been 1 time and when feeding fish she makes sure to feed her home.

Watch your clowns as they will feed, since it’s here house and don’t want to lose it. I had a idiot clown that would try to stop the nem getting shrimp as it closed up eating and freak her out! Moved her to BTA tank then sold her..
they can kill nems also smothering them

Sir Chris

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nems are very good tells at what’s going on in the system since there sooo delicate comparatively.

I had palyotoxin and I felt off! Did research and the macna event he poisoned himself the same way. BAM!!! I was sick and LPS will have gaping mouths and she was gasping for air!!! woulda lost the tank and could have hurt myself with out her showing me her issues. WC only helps initially so carbon was used in hordes woke up to her flat as a pancake and deflated. More carbon and WC and she came back.

This is 3 year old nem at this time.

OP
OP
B

bknope

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I changed carbon, but it may have just been exchanging water. Has looked great the last two days:
8f80641e15cd7c8edd2af47d9e80e13b.jpg
19844e1f4d077e821b8b9cdba8baf867.jpg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 84 76.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back