Male clown refuses to leave corner of tank

PeterC2904

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I guess this is a little update on a thread I made a few days ago. I had this issue with my overly aggressive female clown towards my new juvenile male clown. I bought a breeder box and put the female in there and it’s been about 3 days since and the male has yet to even attempt to explore the tank, he just sits at the corner of the tank all day, when I feed him he eats then goes right back up there. Is this normal and he will eventually start swimming around or is something up?

Yazannreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
It's a normal clown behaviors. They pick a side and stay there. Mine been doing that on both my tanks for year and they are growing and healthy. I introduced an anemome to the corner of my frag tank and it hosted them finally after a year.

OP
OP
P

PeterC2904

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I guess this is a little update on a thread I made a few days ago. I had this issue with my overly aggressive female clown towards my new juvenile male clown. I bought a breeder box and put the female in there and it’s been about 3 days since and the male has yet to even attempt to explore the tank, he just sits at the corner of the tank all day, when I feed him he eats then goes right back up there. Is this normal and he will eventually start swimming around or is something up?
It's a normal clown behaviors. They pick a side and stay there. Mine been doing that on both my tanks for year and they are growing and healthy. I introduced an anemome to the corner of my frag tank and it hosted them finally after a year.
Well the issue I guess is I kinda need him to get established to the tank because the whole point of the breeder box was so the female wouldn’t be as aggressive to the male but I’m worried I’m doing this for nothing if he is just gonna sit at the top corner of my tank the whole week I’m gonna have her in there

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You never really know with clowns... they may never be okay together. I think there's a decent chance that she will behave just because she's been in the isolation box and doesn't want another timeout and the little guy may not be bothered because of that.

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
clowns will be clowns! He basically is being "hosted" by that spot in the tank in lieu of an anemone. Clowns claim the strangest things, from the corner of the tank, a rock, a coral, a powerhead... nothing to worry about as long as he is healthy and eating.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back