OP
OP
Dugless

Dugless

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm starting to see some slow regrowth and most pieces are trending the right direction with better color. I'd say most everything is in the 50% of potential range. At least the recession has stopped and things are growing a bit again. I knew things were bad when there was little to no coral color/fluorescing with only the blue LEDs on at dusk. It was a very sad gray grouping of coral. :( I've been meaning to get the camera out to document just how beaten up some of them are.

This cell phone shot from a month ago depicts how rough things were. Most everything was dying or headed that direction until I dosed the chemiclean.

48585447476_556b6ee74a_h.jpg

OP
OP
Dugless

Dugless

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m glad things are turning around. Still not really sure what happened?
I'm pretty sure it was bacterial, because within a day or two of chemiclean I noticed things rebounding. Also, when the corals first started suffering it was sporadically selective and then slowly snowballed into a full tank issue over a 1-2 month timeframe.

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretty sure it was bacterial, because within a day or two of chemiclean I noticed things rebounding. Also, when the corals first started suffering it was sporadically selective and then slowly snowballed into a full tank issue over a 1-2 month timeframe.
Interesting. I've had the same thing happen in a previous tank that I feel had to have been bacterial. Other than the obvious of being an antibiotic what made you decide to try Chemiclean (over another antibiotic or treatment)?

OP
OP
Dugless

Dugless

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. I've had the same thing happen in a previous tank that I feel had to have been bacterial. Other than the obvious of being an antibiotic what made you decide to try Chemiclean (over another antibiotic or treatment)?
Chemiclean seemed fairly safe based on the info I gathered online, if following the instructions. I did a half dose as an extra precaution. I thought I read somewhere that it wasn't an antibiotic, but I'm not sure how much faith I had in that claim.

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chemiclean seemed fairly safe based on the info I gathered online, if following the instructions. I did a half dose as an extra precaution. I thought I read somewhere that it wasn't an antibiotic, but I'm not sure how much faith I had in that claim.
It is an antibiotic but they word it differently on the package to make it sound like it's not.

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is an antibiotic but they word it differently on the package to make it sound like it's not.
Exactly they just say it's not "erythromycin succinate" which is extremely specific.

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This piece is one of my favorites, and was barely affected in the bacterial debacle, if at all. It's like it can't decide what color it wants to be, red, green, brown, cream? It feels weird to like a brown coral so much. :)

BC Red Scare
48649786326_a3226d2fb1_h.jpg

This looks identical to the BC Raging Bull I received from Adam. @Battlecorals Adam, what makes these two corals different?

OP
OP
Dugless

Dugless

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks identical to the BC Raging Bull I received from Adam. @Battlecorals Adam, what makes these two corals different?

The only pic I found online of the Raging Bull looks like a loripes and the polyps looked different. The polyps on the Red Scare are unlike anything I’ve seen before. They’re very small, symmetrical and have a metallic shine to them. I posted an earlier pic on page 9 of this thread.

Rickyrooz

Acropora Nut
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only pic I found online of the Raging Bull looks like a loripes and the polyps looked different. The polyps on the Red Scare are unlike anything I’ve seen before. They’re very small, symmetrical and have a metallic shine to them. I posted an earlier pic on page 9 of this thread.

They are all very similar. They have been coming out of Australia labeled as the Cherry Blossom.

ASD%2BCherry%2BBlossom.jpg

ASD Cherry Blossom

BC%2BCricket%2BSpine.jpg

BC Cricket Spine

I'll have to snap a picture of the BC Raging Bull, it does have more green in the body than the two posted above.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 39 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.3%
Back