Mammoth Nano SPS Reef

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't have to stick with just one type of fairy or flasher wrasse, they will still flash if around another type. In fact, it might be better in the long run to avoid having duplicates of the same kind.

That was something I hadnt considered. I thought they only flashed when a female was present.

Variant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're moving to Omaha, let me know! I know a really great small SPS aquaculture guy there that has some great stuff!

OP
OP
Dugless

Dugless

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates?

The move was rough on most of the coral. Life was turned upside down with the cross country relocation. It was pretty overwhelming getting the house liveable with all of the boxes, sourcing appliances and setting up my office as I work out of the home.

In the meantime my brother was housing my coral and fish in a Rubbermaid tub at his place. I think the interim housing at my brothers house was the biggest hurdle as alkalinity wasn’t super stable and a bulb suddenly decided to cause firing issues in the fixture and I wasn’t present to diagnose it. It took me about 3 weeks to get my tank setup at the new house and get the coral transferred. Nearly every acro was brown and plenty were unrecognizable. So much so I had to reference videos to figure out what some things were. I did lose a handful of different pieces, and of course some were the nicer/favorites.

Since getting the tank running here in the house where I can dial things in and monitor the coral more about 75% of the coral have rebounded nicely. There are a few colonies that are slowly and stubbornly improving still. In hindsight I wish I would’ve taken some brownie photos, but it’s harder to want to share those kinds of pics in the moment.

Thanks for checking in, I hope to have more updates in the near future.

Maxx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another vote for the updates.
Glad you survived the move. I know it's tough moving in general, and moving with a tank is orders of a magnitude tougher.
Glad the majority of your stuff made it through.

OP
OP
Dugless

Dugless

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been nearly a year since the move and the tank is starting to settle in and grow a bit. I thought I'd post a pic of my favorite coral at the moment. A bit leggy, but it's tough to beat the colors.

SC Orange Passion

51194353718_0e43ac05a0_h.jpg

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I’m originally from NE so I know all about the humidity and wind. If I’m being brutally honest, I’m not entirely sure why people choose to live here.
Residency for me lol. Won't stay long once I'm done but could be a lot worse.

Also if you ever decide to sell frags let me know :)

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 28 36.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 31.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 18.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back