Mandarin dragonet compatible with Tailspot Blenny?

Alexander1312

View Badges
Reaction score
San Francisco Bay Area, California, United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to know if there is a concern with adding a mandarin dragonet into a tank with a Tailspot Blenny.

I have read there might be some issues with compatibility so I wanted to understand to which extent this is correct.

Also, any other consideration for this type of fish other than having pods (even for captive-bred?)? Do they need to feed several times per day?

Thank you!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2. heard that spotted mandarine are easier to take care than regular mandarine.
All Synchiropus species are naturally as difficult as eachother however the thing that separates them is through some being more likely to eat pods than others. This is from some species being in captivity long enough we can figure out how to get them feeding (Synchiropus sycorax is the easiest from my experience working in an LFS).
The two species we know as ‘Mandarins’ are the hardest species of Synchiropus. Both are as difficult as eachother as we aren’t sure of tricks to wean them onto frozen and keep them fat after as these guys often just don’t stay on a prepared food diet long term and tend to go back to feeding pods.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 89 80.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back