Mandarin Goby fish diet

kyleflahardy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a mandarin goby fish that will be in this Friday. I was doing some reading and I have discovered that they have a quite complicated diet. Apparently they're very pickey fish and will only eat certain things on certain diets. Please let me know what and how you feed your mandarin gobys. Also feel free to leave any tips about taking care of them. Thanks

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mandarins require a diet of copepods in an established tank that has a big population, which usually has to be seeded quite frequently. If you are very lucky, your specimen may take to frozen foods like brine, but that is hit or miss.

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your reef is not established and/or your pod population is not crazy, you might want to reconsider your order, for your sake and the mandarin's.

mikee002

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just at a LFS today and their Mandarin was eating frozen foods, they fed him in front of me. They said that they don't sell them until they see them eating a variety of frozen foods. Ill definitely be getting mine from them once my tank is ready. Maybe you'll get lucky and the one you receive is eating frozen.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back