TortillaMan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2647.jpeg

Mandarin not looking so good

Sorry for the blue lights as mine are about to turn off. Parameters are within safe levels. No ammonia or nitrite present and the fish is not bullied. It has plenty of pods and is in a 5ft 130 gallon with 3 year old rocks aswell as having a refugium. I had a family member look at it and they think it’s totally fine. I just lost a file fish but to possible ick and bullying ( see my last post for details)
IMG_2649.jpeg
IMG_2648.jpeg

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll probably need some white light pics for any solid diagnosis, but maybe one of the #fishmedic could tell if something's up from your current pics:
I'm afraid I'm not very good with disease diagnosis at this point, but I'm sure one of the #fishmedic on the forum here can help you out. While we wait for them, though, I'd suggest reading through the link below (particularly the "Aquarium Parameters," "Water quality," and "In-depth Information" sections) to figure out what info you can share here to get the best diagnosis and treatment advice possible:
Also, for future reference to help you get disease help faster, these sorts of topics are best posted in Reef2Reef's "Fish Disease Diagnosis and Treatment" forum:

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You definitely need white lights. I can see (or possibly just imagine) a sort of raggedness to him that could mean any number of things, but this photo doesn't really show anything.

Are there stinging corals in the tank?

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See if you can get a white picture today.

Can you tell us more about the tank and how long you've had the mandarin?

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there a lot of scrapes on the fish? It’s hard to tell under blues. What are the tankmates? A potential aggressor is always an issue.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2647.jpeg

Mandarin not looking so good

Sorry for the blue lights as mine are about to turn off. Parameters are within safe levels. No ammonia or nitrite present and the fish is not bullied. It has plenty of pods and is in a 5ft 130 gallon with 3 year old rocks aswell as having a refugium. I had a family member look at it and they think it’s totally fine. I just lost a file fish but to possible ick and bullying ( see my last post for details)
IMG_2649.jpeg
IMG_2648.jpeg

Hi, as said, we need pictures taken under white light, as well as background information about the problem. This post explains all that:

Jay

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 158 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back