Mandarin goby

23g is way too small for a mandarin....

it will eat millions of pods in a week and then some more...
This comment is vague and doesn’t need attention. You can have mandarins in 30 gallons. You just need to make sure to use a refugium for stable pod propagation and you’ll be fine
 
Based on my experience, I highly suggest putting in an in tank pod hotel with chaeto and light...in any tank.

I've successfully kept super fat mandarins in small tanks including a 5G and 13.5G this way along with ample live rocks (Not saying this is something everyone should do...just that it's possible). I haven't done any supplemental feedings once my pod hotel got fully established. In the beginning I loaded the hotel with tisbe once every few weeks. If anything, I worry that my mandarins will explode from eating so much...

In any case, even for big tanks, I think there's benefit...
What is a tank pod hotel?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new