Mandarin goby

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never seen this particular red one ….
20+years and never saw it .
I currently have a green spotted one ,
And the blue are common but getting harder to find .
It’s absolutely beautiful in person although I will admit been a while since I have seen one in person (I went 10 or so years in this hobby and only saw one last year). I don’t think I would want a CB blue after seeing these guys and the CB spotted mandarins, I know they exist but they’re not common for sure. I mean right now over here this is the same for the blue mandarins too.

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s absolutely beautiful in person although I will admit been a while since I have seen one in person (I went 10 or so years in this hobby and only saw one last year). I don’t think I would want a CB blue after seeing these guys and the CB spotted mandarins, I know they exist but they’re not common for sure. I mean right now over here this is the same for the blue mandarins too.

I had a choice between red and green/blue at my LFS a month ago. With red only $10 more. I've always told myself I prefer the blue personally, but of course the rarity of the reds make it slightly more desirable. Seeing it side by side, I picked up the "regular" green/blue. There wasn't much of a difference in person compared to the very vivid red in that photoshopped image. In hindsight I should have picked up both! lol

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a choice between red and green/blue at my LFS a month ago. With red only $10 more. I've always told myself I prefer the blue personally, but of course the rarity of the reds make it slightly more desirable. Seeing it side by side, I picked up the "regular" green/blue. There wasn't much of a difference in person compared to the very vivid red in that photoshopped image. In hindsight I should have picked up both! lol
In person it’s not much but it is certainly there. The specimen I saw was clearly different to the blues, although it’s different in how the red was common compared to the blue and I looked at the blue in confusion thinking the red was the only mandarin variant.

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mandarin in a 32 gallon bio is that to small for a one?
Honestly yes unless you’re willing to supply the copious amounts pods to feed it. It surely can be done just matter of how much time effort and money you’re willing to put in to provide for it in a smaller system.

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mandarin in a 32 gallon bio is that to small for a one?
If it's cb then for sure you can. Cb will eat frozen and dry foods.
I've done it with a wild one. The tank had a pretty large hob refugium, length and height of the tank itself. The fuge had tons of pods the mandarin couldn't get to so they kept breeding and slowly got into the main tank. Seemed actually the perfect setup really. The wild mandarin learned to eat frozen first and even pellets if it was really hungry. There were always pods around, he might wipe out the tank of pods in a day but in a few days more would make their way in.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back