OP
L

Leo.L

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brine shrimp is more like potato chips. It’s better to get them on something of higher quality. If it’s all they eat for now that’s good but it will not sustain them.
Hello, yes so I've heard. They say freshly hatched is the way to go. I'm growing them for all purpose in tank, if he eats some then that's fine with me. But will like for him to have a varying diet. All the above sounds like a good idea. If he doesn't eat it the rest of fish and corals will still take advantage of it. Tha ks for your input.

Larry isaak

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Between me and my friends we have 4 wild caught mandarins. Three "Regular" and one spotted, all of them either eat brine or mysis one eats pellets. The trick is to target feed them with a Pipette or turkey baster, they will catch on eventually at at least we have had great success.

Adolfo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome r2r.jpg

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! And my mandarin was wild caught as well, eventually has started to eat the frozen cyclops and reef food for coral that I mix with the larger food when feeding. I am also seeding tank with pods. I recommend using Dinkins for the pods. High quality and can set up a subscription for the pods and/or phyto as well
70AF5E84-2BBF-47F2-8248-D5CFC85ADC77.jpeg

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would like help with getting my mandarin goby to eat other foods other than copepods. any help with your experience and how it went for you would be great.

IMG_20221210_190224489_HDR~2.jpg

Welcome! Glad you joined!

When I heard about the easy lazy pod culture method here on R2R, I knew it was for me. My fish are fat, I am lazy, and so for me it is a win-win! Its using powdered spirulina. I modified it to a little beverage container like you'd use at a picnic and brought it indoors. I start with a bottle of pods, then in a month you may be pulling out EACH DAY a bottle of pods worth of pods!!! My mandarin is so fat she is named Orson Wells. Hoping this helps you and your mandarin:

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Huntington Park:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back