Marine Betta Questions

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking about getting one of these for my new 180. But I have a few questions! Is it friendly towards other fish? What's its primary diet? Will it nip at corals or inverts? Any information on this fish would be great!

Thanks!

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're a pretty mellow and peaceful fish. Primary diet is meaty foods (mysis, brine, pellets). What ever you feed your other fish it should eat. IME they don't bother anything.

amore169

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one for at least 5 years at least 5'', he never bothers anything, but he never comes out in the day time, my tank crash a while back, everything got wipe out except him, tough as nails, I got him with firefish (small enough to get eaten), also I have it with shrimp, sometimes I forget that I even have him.

OP
OP
oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet! I think they are awsome looking fish and very different! Not a fish everyone has!

Can they be kept more then one to a tank? Its going in the 180.

seafansar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My dad has one in his 125 gallon reef. It's pretty shy, but you can usually see it. Doesn't bother the other big fish or corals. It did eat any and all pepermint shrimp and neon gobies. So watch out if you have any really small fish or shrimp in with it. Also be carefull if you have a lot of agressive eaters in the tank with it. They like to slowly stalk their prey (dead floating mysis. lol) which usually leaves enough time for another fish to eat it first. But my dad's fish somehow finds enough to eat even with all the other hungry mouths in the tank. It's a pretty cool fish! No clue if you can keep two together, sorry.

OP
OP
oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks sara! Yea I saw one in a lfs 180 display and it was out n about most of the time! Pretty cool fish which a lot of people don't have!

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a pic? Is it a regular Betta fish that is converted?

Nope, it is a marine fish.
151C56F6CE2D4BBCBB5826A9A61FC445W.jpg

p-77581-marine-betta.jpg

Marine Betta

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back