Marine Betta

Dancingmad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try some adult krill - just a couple. Turn off the pumps / wavemakers and see of there is interest. My marine beta likes to stalk his prey sometimes - creep up behind it....examine...examine...CHOMP!

OP
OP
becks

becks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some small kril I'll try that... he's only small maybe 2"

Kmsutows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They like larger meaty food a few times a week as opposed to most other fish preferring many small meals

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would this be a bad fish to consider with my fairly high flow 65 gallon?
I don't think so. Though they get pretty big they like to find an area and stay there. I have mine in a tank with high flow and they are fine.

OP
OP
becks

becks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any fresh or frozen seafood I can try too? I usually feed clams and scallops. I'll pop to my lfs and pick up a pack of large krill

RDA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I absolutely love these fish. By far my favorite marine fish I have owned. Mine is really bold based off of what I have read about them. Mine is always out and about. He eats anything and everything I put in there and he's always at the front of the line waiting for food. Every night when I get home from work he's waiting in the corner of the tank that overlooks the doorway I use to walk into the room - he just sits there and waits for me to get home. I definitely agree that pictures don't do these fish any justice.

I have a pair in a 120G reef. Sometimes they swim around and other times they go a month without showing themselves. They definitely need caves to hide in and seem to eat enough on their own despite being slow. They really don't need a lot because they are not that active. Their names are Dot and Spot.

Did you buy them as a pair or did you buy them as individuals and pair them up yourself? I've always thought it would be awesome to have a pair of these, but I've been skeptical to try to introduce a new one to my existing one.

laga77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought them separate. The second one was much smaller when introduced and I just put it in the tank without any special consideration to the first one. In fact, I have 12 bonded pairs of different fish where I just placed the second one directly into the tank.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 35.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 27.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back