MAXI Doser discontinued

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a pretty solid insider notice that GHL will be discontinuing the MAXI Dosers. My source said they are having "parts availability issues". It's unknown if there will be any replacements at this time.

One good thing is the APEX DOS heads work on the Maxi so we should be able to keep them running for a while even after GHL runs out of parts.

Don't ask me who my insider is.

For some of you this is no surprise as they have been out of stock for a very long time. I just have to wonder why GHL is staying so hush hush on this item.. But that has been a long time problem with them. They tend to say nothing and expose themselves to speculation and ridicule by not sharing info to customers.

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a real shame actually. I just went online yesterday to look for getting a new one to add. Happily the ones I have are working well.

But I do think that a larger doser is a product that they need to have, for AWC etc... So they will need to figure out the supply issues or get something else to fit that niche.

Tony

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wonder which part is unique that they can't get replacements, other then the dosing pump itself?

That brings the speculation that since the DOS heads can be used, does Apex use the same source for theirs?

Has anyone ever tracked down the source for either, to see?

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once Ecotech gets their Versa perfected it will be a suitable replacement for the MAXI. Neptune made the DOS only controlable via the Apex. So it’s not cost effective as a replacement. Kramor I think has a good unit the can do AWC tasks as well.

As for DOS vs GHL heads, it would not surprise me if Neptune has pressured the manufacture to not supply GHL. These types of practices are not out of the realm of possibilities. While illegal it’s a sad but real business practice. Of course it’s pure speculation and I have no idea what parts GHL is having trouble getting.

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having spoken to a retailer I gather they are planning on replacing it with a new version.

No idea what that means in terms of a timeline though. No idea if it is imminent or just something on the list...

Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later. But I suspect that now is not the time to be finalizing designs and securing supply lines!

Tony

Yanos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had a news, from one of the biggest UK retailers and GHL dealers, that upgraded version is coming up, but not something like completely new model.
and apparently will be out on market together with ION Director

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does your dealer have something more than hear say? A GHL news bulletin? Just like the ION, food feeder and other things GHL. When I see it on the market, I’ll believe it. Phantom ware doesn’t really interest me.

Yanos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes... he was told that by the GHL themselves

DWill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having spoken to a retailer I gather they are planning on replacing it with a new version.

No idea what that means in terms of a timeline though. No idea if it is imminent or just something on the list...

Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later. But I suspect that now is not the time to be finalizing designs and securing supply lines!

Tony
Probably right behind the ION Director …

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 for Maxi Doser release date or update.

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

eliasi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again with the Secret Squirrel nonsense.

IOND
Maxi Doser
Auto Feeder
Friendly Labels
Push Notifications.
It’s the same garbage from GHL every time!

I love their products, In fact, I’m a tragic fanboy and I’m the fist to defend them in the outside world, but their customer service and CIA style communications are a real put-off. I almost wish I’d chosen Apex

Breadman03

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again with the Secret Squirrel nonsense.

IOND
Maxi Doser
Auto Feeder
Friendly Labels
Push Notifications.
It’s the same garbage from GHL every time!

I love their products, In fact, I’m a tragic fanboy and I’m the fist to defend them in the outside world, but their customer service and CIA style communications are a real put-off. I almost wish I’d chosen Apex

That explains that KHD reagent I found stuck under the park bench.

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone has secret agents, it’s Neptune.

AquaLifeStudio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking forward to whatever GHL has to offer for the future.

It's been a difficult past year for anyone in the business of dealing with electronics and product development that relies on a fully functioning supply chain.

Can we please give GHL some credit for not going out of business like so many have this past year?

DJF

know less, learn more
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It's been a difficult past year for anyone in the business of dealing with electronics and product development that relies on a fully functioning supply chain.

Can we please give GHL some credit for not going out of business like so many have this past year?
I think we are all looking forward to their future and can’t wait to read some news about it.

OP
OP
A

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

GHL has shot themselves in the foot by not communicating. It’s 90% their fault 10% covid the only thing they deserve is a swift kick in the rear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 40 58.8%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back