Maxima clams

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jrod381
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jrod381

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 15, 2019
Messages
782
Reaction score
577
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I’ve never had a clam in any of my tanks and I’m considering one. I’ve read that clams like high nutrient tanks and intense lighting.

My current tank on the sand bed is about 90-170 par in various locations. Will this be enough light intensity?

p4 is at 0.03 and no3 is 10 is this sufficient nutrients?

I also have a green coris, adult red coris and Timor wrasseand a pyramid butterfly and coed and will the clam be safe around these fish?

I don’t feed clamshells in the tank but it is mixed in with the food.
 
I like to keep my clams, all the species, at higher PAR. 300+.
There is a new book by James Fatheree, in it he collect data of how much light reefers keep their clams under. You may want to look it up.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new