Maxspect Gyre flow options

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Gyres on opposite sides of the tank mounted horizontally. Tank is 55" x 26 x 24H. I spent some time googling trying to find information on what people have been doing but there isn't much out there. I found one comment from Coralvue to put them both in random mode and just leave it. I do get a lot of variable flow doing this but it makes the aquarium very loud with the overflow gurgling all the time. Who all has these and what do you find works best for an SPS tank? Also, who else doesn't like the controller? I find it pretty confusing and not straight forward at all (200 series controller). I love the Gyre but hopefully they come out with something a little more intuitive...and also a user guide that is a little easier to understand.

Ly78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe you can try moving them further down just to reduce the surface agitation a bit. Or reduce the flow.

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have an SPS tank, but I do have a mixed reef. I have 2 230 gyres that I self programed switching between gyre mode and pulse mode with the other pump either in a low constant mode or in an alternate pulse mode.

DarkSky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two XF280s on a 220g peninsula tank. I leave them in L.T.C. mode at 100%. Works well and I can't really hear them. They do get quieter as they break in and develop a biofilm.

I didn't find the controller too confusing, the manual explains tings well enough. If you're having trouble, control it via v0-10.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back