Maxspect L165 Led Jump cannot pair

hrdneglcry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a Maxspect Jump L165 led light. There is a Synca-G Cloud app that makes it run. So I can't get it paired or synced with my router. The light needs the router to be only 2.4ghz so I diasabled 5ghz on my router. When I try to add the device in the app it tells me my phone is not connected to wifi. It clearly is connected to wifi as you can see in the screenshot and 5ghz is disabled. So I try AP mode and connect to the device itself. I am able to link but when I try to add it says please go and put password in for device on wifi. But password is already added and device is connected. I contacted Maxspect and they told me to disable the 5ghz which I did. But I cannot add the light. Not crazy about running it manually and unpluggjng it to shut it off. All of the good controls are in the app.
36F4FAA4-7887-41BF-A15F-CF6E243295E0.png

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 on one tank. I don't remember exactly but the indicator button on the top has to be in a certain mode to connect. Did you try that? Once connected they run smoother than my radions on Mobius. I believe there is a video on YouTube as well.

OP
OP
H

hrdneglcry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I'm just having trouble. My router is a 5.0 ghz and a 2.4 ghz. I had to diasble 5.0. The main problem is the app Syna- G Cloud is telling me my phone is not connected to wifi. I am using wifi right now to type this. Seems like a nice light. I just want it to work. Maybe I will try my Android phone.

OP
OP
H

hrdneglcry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. You have to go into the settings. Under location. where the app is. you have to enable location. it will work immediately.

pikadab

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that fixed that issue but then my light still not getting identified. :( It would go through the searching but nothing gets picked up. I tried disabling both 5ghz channels on my router leaving only 2.4ghz but still no luck. any advice?

OP
OP
H

hrdneglcry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know. I don't think you have to mess with the 2.4 or the 5. You can but I read routers do that in their own. I disabled my 5ghz but not sure I needed to and I have it back now. Maxspect has an email [email protected] and they were the ones that helped me. I'd delete the the app. And reinstall it. And try again. Try shutting phone off in the process. Then do it over. Let me know if it works.

BaliReefBox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, this light and the app is a real pain! Spent hours trying to get it up and working but no joy through the net but managed to get it up in app mode only. I went into the router and split the 2.4 and 5 ghz and logged the iphone into the 2.4 but no luck. the app kept saying phone ot connected to the net. After reading your post I deleted the app and then "enabled" location services and had more luck as the light asked for wifi pw but still unable to to connect to phone....

Why is location services a big deal? Why do they have to know where you are for the app to work? I am totally regretting buying this light right now and would advise those to think consider other options as this is invasive and hard to use

BaliReefBox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that fixed that issue but then my light still not getting identified. :( It would go through the searching but nothing gets picked up. I tried disabling both 5ghz channels on my router leaving only 2.4ghz but still no luck. any advice?
My problem also. Plz let me know if you have any joy cheers

OP
OP
H

hrdneglcry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, this light and the app is a real pain! Spent hours trying to get it up and working but no joy through the net but managed to get it up in app mode only. I went into the router and split the 2.4 and 5 ghz and logged the iphone into the 2.4 but no luck. the app kept saying phone ot connected to the net. After reading your post I deleted the app and then "enabled" location services and had more luck as the light asked for wifi pw but still unable to to connect to phone....

Why is location services a big deal? Why do they have to know where you are for the app to work? I am totally regretting buying this light right now and would advise those to think consider other options as this is invasive and hard to use

Ok. So it was also difficult for me to use. I actually disconnected my 5 ghz which I don't even fully understand. I am guessing that location may have something to do with the fact that I think you can control this light from anywhere that you are. On vacation out of state. I am not sure its neccessary to split or disconnect the 5 mhz. Most routers can figure out which is needed. It was weird because I had an old android phone and when I paired with that it worked right away. But then customer service at Maxspect answered and I was able to load up my iphone. It is tricky but once you sync it thats it. Its kind of nice to use at that point. I would email Maxspect their customer service email should be in the thread somewhere. They will reply. And that was how I got my iphone to work. Its probably something simple although now it seems completely frustrating and maddening.

Last edited:

pikadab

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did email them, they told me the steps but still didnt work. Im able to control my router and turn off 5 ghz but still no luck. Location services is on , 5ghz turned off. I named 2.4ghz to something different so i know i tried with it. just nothing worked. It gets the the point where its looking for it but then flops on me.

OP
OP
H

hrdneglcry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of phone? Iphone Or android? It has been awhile since I had installed mine. It seems I kept getting a message that could not connect or something. I briefly tried the manual way but that isn't practical. I'd make sure your phone is updated, uninstall the app. Reinstall. I noticed when I was doing that I'd get a little farther with the install. Make sure you have gone into Syncra and enabled location there. And be sure you have the correct syncra installed which it sounds like you do. Shut phone off turn it back on. Uninstall reinstall app. Once you get it working it will always work

pikadab

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of phone? Iphone Or android? It has been awhile since I had installed mine. It seems I kept getting a message that could not connect or something. I briefly tried the manual way but that isn't practical. I'd make sure your phone is updated, uninstall the app. Reinstall. I noticed when I was doing that I'd get a little farther with the install. Make sure you have gone into Syncra and enabled location there. And be sure you have the correct syncra installed which it sounds like you do. Shut phone off turn it back on. Uninstall reinstall app. Once you get it working it will always work
i have iphone 12 pro max, i tried every way possible have you gotten it to work with iphone or just android?

OP
OP
H

hrdneglcry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have iphone 12 pro max, i tried every way possible have you gotten it to work with iphone or just android?
as i said first i was able to with an android with no trouble. After trying repeatedly with iphone and not having any success. here are a few pics. on is the problem message i kept getting. The other is the email from them that made my iphone work.
49AF45CF-1756-4EE3-A5A2-C570DDF4A051.png
B3029E45-A180-4056-8EF6-427F02100CF2.jpeg

Last edited:

pikadab

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as i said first i was able to with an android with no trouble. After trying repeatedly with iphone and not having any success. here are a few pics. on is the problem message i kept getting. The other is the email from them that made my iphone work.
49AF45CF-1756-4EE3-A5A2-C570DDF4A051.png
B3029E45-A180-4056-8EF6-427F02100CF2.jpeg
I was able to get past that stage but then i got stuck lol

OP
OP
H

hrdneglcry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can contact coralvue. They handle all sales of Maxspect in the US. They will try to help you. Also keep trying. For me the enabling of the location fixed it right away. Before that uninstalling did something. But never fixed it. If you have a friend with an Android you could ask them to set it up for you and see if it will work. Maybe that will help/

Last edited:

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back