Spenc_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just setup a Nano tank which is a Innovative 10G Cube tank, put live rock in it and dry sand because I couldn't get ahold of live sand in my area. I have a Maxspect R420R 60W-16000k and I need help setting it up with times and light levels, I was told to have it on for 8-10 hours a day and eventually increase it up to 12 hours, but I'm not sure what level of A and B light percentages and for what times and how long, there's 5 different programs that I can set the light to increase and decrease at certain times and its quite overwhelming at how customizable it is. If someone could tell me how long and what light levels I should be using for a tank I just setup that would be massive help!

Thank you in advanced :)

IMG_0051.JPG

Ludders

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 5 program modes are for ramp up and back down, I start mine at 1% B then #2 is at the peak around midday with channel A at about 45% and B at 80% and I keep them at this level for a few hours by setting #3 the same, then #4 is something like A 15% and B 50% and the #5 is completely off at the end of the day.

You might want to keep the intensity down a bit at first and ramp up to that. Don't go up to 100%, you would need to raise the light higher to be able to get max out the light unit. My next like I will use a hanging kit and keep the light much higher for a better spread.

hope that helps

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back