Maxspect Razor X 200W for SPS?

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Sarah,

I did see your post, but not the pics of your tank. I'm not sure which version of the Orbit Marines you have, but this set says its discounted. https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/orbit-marine-dual-pro-led-fixture-24-36-discontinued-current-usa/

As for the math, it does appear to be helpful, I just haven't had time to sit down and go over it or figure out the numbers. I am trying to get all components here but lights and skimmer are holding up my order.

Hello,

@SilverCityReef yes those are the ones I have and yes they are a discontinued light, but current will still service them. They are very powerful, and my tank is 34 inches tall and it’s a 240. Using a ly-cor 1500 par meter I was at 200 in the sand bed. I have to turn them down to I think I’m at 40% now on whites and blues at 80 May be a 100.

Some places like you posted still have them only really discounted price now. Depending on your width, you may need two, but one of those is as powerful as one hydra 5200. I am running two 72 inch on mine, now and tried three and it was simply over kill. My corals hated it, and well the sps loved it, but lps and softies didn’t.

You can also call current maybe ask for Brandon, and see if they have any left to buy also. They may have some, and FYI if for some reason you drop your ramp timer controller in the water, or lol it breaks they are hard to find. Current still has them, but usually aquariums carry them, as extras. I have two just for back up, and they have never broke on me, but when I bought my third light they didn’t send me one.

I couldn’t find one to save my soul, and was panicking. My local aquarium donated one to me, and current had one and overnighted it to me. But marine depot has them but they are close to 70 dollars. Check the online places and you can still find and buy these lights.

OP
OP
SilverCityReef

SilverCityReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up buying a Hydra 26 off someone so I am probably just going to search for another one, maybe 2, and see how that goes for me. I am going to be looking for a cheaper option for a fuge light so any input on that would be great. Was originally going to get Kessil H380 Grow Light but after buying 1 or 2 more Hydras, I dont know if I wanna spend that much on a fuge light.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 30.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back