May, 2020 POTM contest - Ricordea!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1590250837767.png

I believe those are Rhodactis, the subject of this contest is Ricordea. Beautiful shrooms though, nice pic!
 
Here's my entry (I think that this is a ricordia... lol)

- Nikon D90
- AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED
- ISO 800
- ƒ/5.6
- 1/250s

The coolest thing about this coral is we had no idea we had it. It just started growing on this rock with our Fire Cracker Polyps. :)

_DSC6943.jpeg
 
Here's my entry (I think that this is a ricordia... lol)

- Nikon D90
- AF-S VR Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED
- ISO 800
- ƒ/5.6
- 1/250s

The coolest thing about this coral is we had no idea we had it. It just started growing on this rock with our Fire Cracker Polyps. :)

_DSC6943.jpeg

That's a Rhodactis indosinensis, super nice find! Too bad it doesn't qualify for the competition, I would vote that up in a heartbeat.

God bless!
 
How about this one... that “might” be a ricordia... this was a hitchhiker that came in on my live rock... he is kind of small and has not been positively ID’d as a ricordia...
D9F818E3-4AE2-4859-B861-7D97706AE7E9.jpeg
 
How about this one... that “might” be a ricordia... this was a hitchhiker that came in on my live rock... he is kind of small and has not been positively ID’d as a ricordia...
D9F818E3-4AE2-4859-B861-7D97706AE7E9.jpeg


That's a Ricordia for sure, just a young one. Keep it fed, and it should grow pretty fast!
 
I love these. They all look like those dipping dots that were popular way back never. Wonder if these would taste better
Rainbow-Ice.png
 
3 days left for submissions.
#POTM
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new