Meister 250 build

nickkohrn

Corals for President 2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_20180915-172820_Gallery.jpeg

I like your rock-work! It looks like you left enough space for swimmers and to provide enough room for cleaning. It look very, very nice.

How do you like your Pax Bellum reactor? I’m heavily considering getting one. I’m waiting on my Waterbox 100.3, which is very similar in dimensions to your system. Does it fit well within the stand?

OP
OP
gmeister

gmeister

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like your rock-work! It looks like you left enough space for swimmers and to provide enough room for cleaning. It look very, very nice.

How do you like your Pax Bellum reactor? I’m heavily considering getting one. I’m waiting on my Waterbox 100.3, which is very similar in dimensions to your system. Does it fit well within the stand?
I have the pax bellum hooked up but still waiting on my quick disconnect from reefbum so i can make final adjustments. It is currently offline though fue to not enough nutrients even though i know i can dose to keep it running and growing chaeto. But as far as placement is concerned, i have yet to hook up my ghl dosers and i will have four units of it inside including, profilux, 2x sa 2.1 dosers and the kh director so i will have very minimal space. My dosing containers are the jnl containers so i will have 4 of those inside too so we will see. I will post an update as soon as i can get all of them inside. But so far so good, i was trying to maximize the use of space without making it look like its cluttered, but given the space i have left which is 12 inches wide isnt enough. Thank you for the rock work input. I wasnt going to add the belize branch but i came across one with 6 branches all together not the 2 and a half piece that i always see. Pretty rare sight for me.

OP
OP
gmeister

gmeister

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What types of rocks did you use? Are they something similar to Real Reef or Life Rock?
Its the caribsea life rock shapes and some of their regular ones. I have a few more that i didnt get to use just to minimalize the aquascape.

OP
OP
gmeister

gmeister

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Addded 5 pieces from my nano. About ten heads of the nuclear candycanes, 2 of my micromussa, a toxic pie chalice and a avatar chalice to see how they do. Might be transfering my jawbreaker mushroom tonight if im not too lazy.
20180918_022236.jpeg

OP
OP
gmeister

gmeister

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pax Bellum ARID N18 now up and running. Added a ball of chaeto and dosed iron. It will be on the same location but will be on a stand. I have yet to put up mu vortech controllers and have my profilux set up. Doing one thing at a time when i can. I am running a maxijet 900 for the pax and it seems kind of loud. I might opt for a sicce syncra silent or something and just but a valve for adjustments. We will see. The reactors light is only on for initial test purposes but i started it last night for a 3 and a half hour reverse cycle. And will bump it up an hour every week until i reach the 8 hour cycle.
20180927_012233.jpeg
20180926_222927.jpeg

OP
OP
gmeister

gmeister

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What does your clean-up crew consist of?
Just went through an algae bloom. Currently i have 1 trochus, 1 mexican turbo that will soon be switched to striped trochus, a nassarius, and 2 hermits. We will see how it is in the next 4 months then i will be switching some around.

OP
OP
gmeister

gmeister

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a few days of running the pax bellum ARID N18, and just dosing the required amount of iron every night, the ball of chaeto i added doubled its size. I am going to check it again in the next couple of days to see how much growth there will be in the chamber but so far so good. Also, the quick disconnect makes it so easy to get it on and off the lines. I have yet to set up my doser and controller. I am still dosing manually keeping my oarameters at 8.1 dkh and 420 cal. I also added an australian an orange anchor hammer, a white/white anchor, and a splatter hammer from my nano. I will be adding another xr15 pro gen 4 so i can lower hot spot levels and I will also be lowering the intensity to have than even spread.
20180930_212041.jpeg
20180930_213033.jpeg
20180930_224541.jpeg
20180930_213441.jpeg

OP
OP
gmeister

gmeister

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you had any problems with your Reeflink and any downtime with EcoSmart Live?
Before , it would cut on and off. But i just recently moved it to where my router is so i just hooked it up via ethernet cable. For the looks, it looks good to have it under the stand or control panel, but then functionality wise is what i aim for also. I never had an issue since i moved it. Its something i dont look at every time, and less clutter under my stand.

OP
OP
gmeister

gmeister

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about EcoSmart Live? I hear that it's not always accessible?
That is true, i wish it to be consistent as well. I feel like there are some lag issues when i am sometimes trying to connect, but overall, it is an easy platform to use.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 79 55.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back