OP
gmeister

gmeister

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine randomly is not accessible and I have to reset the power on it. But what I did was install a remotely switched outlet to it so even when I'm not home I can reset the reeflink and connect to it.
That happens every now and then. Im not too bothered about it tbh. I try not to tweak anything in the tank. Its more like a set it and forget it. I noticed that the more i have access to tinker with my lights or pump, the more the tanks react negatively. Now if im using it for feed mode, i really dont. I broadcast more than i spot feed. I only spot feed my scoly and acans. And when i do, i just press the power button on my drivers. But then again, you are right, ease of accessibility is priority and king.

OP
OP
gmeister

gmeister

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When my acan shows me some love. [emoji4]
Screenshot_20181120-154638_Gallery.jpeg

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now if im using it for feed mode, i really dont. I broadcast more than i spot feed. I only spot feed my scoly and acans. And when i do, i just press the power button on my drivers.
Are you talking about Vortechs? I've never owned any. They do have a feed button don't they?

OP
OP
gmeister

gmeister

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you talking about Vortechs? I've never owned any. They do have a feed button don't they?
You can have it on feed mode but i do tend to turn it off when i spot feed so the food goes directly to the animals. Little movement on water somehow still moves the food in my tank regardless if i have it on the lowest settings on feed mode.

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tested the PAR output of your lights? I'm looking to test because I'm terrified of over-lighting and causing bleaching of corals.

OP
OP
gmeister

gmeister

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tested the PAR output of your lights? I'm looking to test because I'm terrified of over-lighting and causing bleaching of corals.
Mine is around 300 at the highest acro. im about to add 2 orphek light bars and to just turn it on for about 2 hours the first month then raise it up to even my peak hours. No bleaching so far

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@gmeister why did you decide to go bare-bottom, I'm thinking of doing it. Do you know how much flow is going through your return pump or does this have anything to do with your bare-bottom?

OP
OP
gmeister

gmeister

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@gmeister why did you decide to go bare-bottom, I'm thinking of doing it. Do you know how much flow is going through your return pump or does this have anything to do with your bare-bottom?
Bare bottom decision was mainly self preference. 40% flow from the vectra m1. Also im trying to achieve lots and lots of flow. My pieces seems to like it better vs. when i had substrate.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Colors are really popping! Looks like they are growing happily.

OP
OP
gmeister

gmeister

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Colors are really popping! Looks like they are growing happily.

Just trying to keep my nitrates up. Thats basically what i just check the most now plus alk. Other than that, just weekly water changes and never chased numbers.

OP
OP
gmeister

gmeister

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you've got the only Reefer 250 with a bare bottom I've seen. That's what I'm doing, in the beginning at least.
There should be a few that should be doing bare bottom. I am pretty sure i saw one or two from here but I couldn't remember who.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back