Micro Bubbles Issue / Red Sea Max Nano

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a question, been messing around with the skimmer that goes to the Red Sea Max Nano. It’s a thin black skimmer that fits in the back left side. My question is has anyone had a problem with micro bubbles getting into your tank from this skimmer?

As soon as I open the air valve I see lots of bubbles start overflowing the adjustable gate. I get a nice foam in the cup but I get bubbles all in my aquarium. I can’t seem to turn the air down enough for it to stop. The only way I can stop the bubbles is if I close the air valve. What am I doing wrong? Is the gate supposed to be all the way down?

I also did put in the extra "bubble trap foam". What am I doing wrong?

OP
OP
chipchipbro

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, the foam aka bubble trap is in quite awhile now.
Im not sure if it has to sit directly on the return pump in order to avoid those micro bubbles.

hoping someone had the same problem.

KevinP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a question, been messing around with the skimmer that goes to the Red Sea Max Nano. It’s a thin black skimmer that fits in the back left side. My question is has anyone had a problem with micro bubbles getting into your tank from this skimmer?

As soon as I open the air valve I see lots of bubbles start overflowing the adjustable gate. I get a nice foam in the cup but I get bubbles all in my aquarium. I can’t seem to turn the air down enough for it to stop. The only way I can stop the bubbles is if I close the air valve. What am I doing wrong? Is the gate supposed to be all the way down?

I also did put in the extra "bubble trap foam". What am I doing wrong?
R40582
R40583
Are you missing these bubble trap, like an butt I through mine away thanking it was packing stuff.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 51 29.0%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 21.0%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 20 11.4%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 61 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back