Micro Bubbles Issue / Red Sea Max Nano

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 22, 2021
Messages
2,054
Reaction score
2,054
Location
Switzerland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a question, been messing around with the skimmer that goes to the Red Sea Max Nano. It’s a thin black skimmer that fits in the back left side. My question is has anyone had a problem with micro bubbles getting into your tank from this skimmer?

As soon as I open the air valve I see lots of bubbles start overflowing the adjustable gate. I get a nice foam in the cup but I get bubbles all in my aquarium. I can’t seem to turn the air down enough for it to stop. The only way I can stop the bubbles is if I close the air valve. What am I doing wrong? Is the gate supposed to be all the way down?

I also did put in the extra "bubble trap foam". What am I doing wrong?
 
No, the foam aka bubble trap is in quite awhile now.
Im not sure if it has to sit directly on the return pump in order to avoid those micro bubbles.

hoping someone had the same problem.
 
Got a question, been messing around with the skimmer that goes to the Red Sea Max Nano. It’s a thin black skimmer that fits in the back left side. My question is has anyone had a problem with micro bubbles getting into your tank from this skimmer?

As soon as I open the air valve I see lots of bubbles start overflowing the adjustable gate. I get a nice foam in the cup but I get bubbles all in my aquarium. I can’t seem to turn the air down enough for it to stop. The only way I can stop the bubbles is if I close the air valve. What am I doing wrong? Is the gate supposed to be all the way down?

I also did put in the extra "bubble trap foam". What am I doing wrong?
R40582
R40583
Are you missing these bubble trap, like an butt I through mine away thanking it was packing stuff.
 
Having the same issue myself. I have the bubble trap installed above the return pump. Not entirely sure where the other foam with the half circle goes though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new