Microbubbles, not from skimmer

OscarHaglund

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am having huge problems with microbubbles in the display. Unlike a lot of the instances it does not seem to come from the skimmer as even if the skimmer has been turned off for hours, they are still there.
IMG_4710.jpeg

All the “marine snow” in the picture are actually micro bubbles.

Im using two gyres and two jebaos both of which i have tried placing far from the water surface because I thought they might be sucking in air. This is something i still have not rules out completely.

Water overflows into filter socks but i cant really seem many bubbles in the sump and if they were generated there i would have thought you should be able to see lots of them before they hit the bubble trap.
IMG_4711.jpeg

If anyone has any ideas what could be causing this i would be greatly because this is really brining down the aesthetics of the tank. From a distance the water looks cloudy from the bubbles (and I’m actually running ozone so it should be super clear)!

OP
OP
OscarHaglund

OscarHaglund

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My other thought is that these are oxygen bubbles from photosynthesis.
IMG_4714.jpeg

If so, what can i do about it?
Snails don’t seem to do well im ny tank and i already have 4 urchins, lots of hermits (unrelated to snail deaths) and several herbivorous fish to eat oxygen producing algae.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back