Microscrubbing... I'm Ready to Try It!!!

Cruz_Arias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soda pop is carbonated under 100 psi minimum pressure. Where the co2 becomes infused with the water and syrup mixture. We do the same for beer.

I have worked at both Nestle and Anheuser-Busch for years... Reference How It's Made, Soda Pop.

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Soda pop is carbonated under 100 psi minimum pressure. Where the co2 becomes infused with the water and syrup mixture. We do the same for beer.

I have worked at both Nestle and Anheuser-Busch for years... Reference How It's Made, Soda Pop.
Ok?

I wouldn't dose soda pop but soda water. Yes, its underpressure to supersaturate CO2 into the liquid. I'm not talking about doing that at all with seawater.

Soda water is just one easy way to quickly add a lot of CO2 to drive down pH.

Cruz_Arias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When pop and carbonated water is left out open in a cup over night, does it go flat? Yes, because now its at equilibrium. Not as soon as you pour it out into a cup.

Cruz_Arias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It takes time, without agitation or bubbling (gas induced agitation and forced degassing)

All we're doing with this method is 3 main things...

1. Degassing excess metabolic gases, including co2

2. Using floatation separation to clear the water and display tank of detritus and particulates.

3. Increase ORP and Dissolved oxygen from what was previously in a net negative state.

Cruz_Arias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope that clarifies how delivery methodology is different between injection, infusion, and what we are doing with this method.

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've gone no where and you keep going off topic of our discussion. I'll bow out and let the thread get back on topic.

Cruz_Arias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry your understanding is not up to par with the applied sciences.

Nothing in nature is isolated. You can't isolate some things then not isolate other affects.

Science doesn't work like that.

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry your understanding is not up to par with the applied sciences.

Nothing in nature is isolated. You can't isolate some things then not isolate other affects.

Science doesn't work like that.
You're very condescending there. You have yet to show where my points are wrong. In fact you've shown where I'm right in several posts.

And I have given reference to scientific examples.

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish someone would stick with the original post. It's an interesting topic and one I'd like to try.
Yes, I agree. This has gone on long enough but if he wishes to bring up that I have some lack of understanding or intelligence, which I have not done to him, I will speak up. I have given the facts and references. There's a fine line between discussion, debate, and argument. Bringing up degrees like he's better then me and then talking down to me with out merit then it starts crossing into argument and should cease.

Last edited:

czhao1009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this require a sump?
Can I put the air stone under a powerhead in DT?

billwill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had luck with placing a small needle wheel skimmer pump in the sump next to return pump intake? My experience with wooden airstones from the old days is that they need to be replaced quite often.

OP
OP
john.m.cole3

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think the needle wheel pump can make the bubbles small enough to swirl in the water to accomplish the same thing. I think the size of those bubbles would pop on the surface but I have not tried that way personally. Yes, the wooden airstones would need to be replaced every month or so but we have found them for less than $2 on ebay :)

Cruz_Arias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone had luck with placing a small needle wheel skimmer pump in the sump next to return pump intake? My experience with wooden airstones from the old days is that they need to be replaced quite often.
Bubbles aren't small enough. Tried every device out there currently. Air stones are the cheapest thing in this hobby.

Cruz_Arias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think the needle wheel pump can make the bubbles small enough to swirl in the water to accomplish the same thing. I think the size of those bubbles would pop on the surface but I have not tried that way personally. Yes, the wooden airstones would need to be replaced every month or so but we have found them for less than $2 on ebay :)
Yup... ours lasts longer because we inserted an air filter on the intake of the air pump.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.7%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.8%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 97 49.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back