Microscrubbing... I'm Ready to Try It!!!

OP
OP
john.m.cole3

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey bro, I've been thinking about running a CO2 scrubber with some carbon before that attached to my skimmer intake. Is that what you are talking about when you said you run an air filter on the intake side of the pump? Or were you suggesting to run the carbon before the luft pump? I'm going to get 2 ?CO2 scrubbers to run in line, but was unsure if I should run them before the skimmer or the luft pump.

Cruz_Arias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey bro, I've been thinking about running a CO2 scrubber with some carbon before that attached to my skimmer intake. Is that what you are talking about when you said you run an air filter on the intake side of the pump? Or were you suggesting to run the carbon before the luft pump? I'm going to get 2 ?CO2 scrubbers to run in line, but was unsure if I should run them before the skimmer or the luft pump.
Yes. That's what I was suggesting. :)

Cruz_Arias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before the luft pump. You can make an enclosure with Tupperware and put an air filter on it...

Or...

You can put it after, so only clean air reaches the stone... if there's no filter, the wooden diffuser will get clogged quickly.

OP
OP
john.m.cole3

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think after the luft pump will be cleaner like you said, and also more accessible to change media for the co2 scrubber as well. How are you suggesting to run an air filter in a tupperware container?

OP
OP
john.m.cole3

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm between tanks but will have my new 135 gal up tomorrow and will start it with the nano bubble method. Thanks for all of your help buddy.

Yuyiboy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do this by putting the power head out of the water a tiny bit till it sucks air, in the tank... works great.

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s some really bad information in here, just ask @Randy Holmes-Farley if you don’t trust me...

Dissolved oxygen has no effect on pH.

There is no appreciable relationship between dissolved oxygen concentration and dissolved carbon dioxide concentration... they act independent of each other.

That’s it.

Yuyiboy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought it’s supposed to work like a skimmer does, binding to solids and dissolved solids and bring them up to the surface. Haven’t read about PH benefits or problems. [emoji848]

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought it’s supposed to work like a skimmer does, binding to solids and dissolved solids and bring them up to the surface. Haven’t read about PH benefits or problems. [emoji848]

There would be no change in ph if you are scrubbing with the same air that surrounds the tank.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.9%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back