Microscrubbing... I'm Ready to Try It!!!

Hey bro, I've been thinking about running a CO2 scrubber with some carbon before that attached to my skimmer intake. Is that what you are talking about when you said you run an air filter on the intake side of the pump? Or were you suggesting to run the carbon before the luft pump? I'm going to get 2 ?CO2 scrubbers to run in line, but was unsure if I should run them before the skimmer or the luft pump.
 
Hey bro, I've been thinking about running a CO2 scrubber with some carbon before that attached to my skimmer intake. Is that what you are talking about when you said you run an air filter on the intake side of the pump? Or were you suggesting to run the carbon before the luft pump? I'm going to get 2 ?CO2 scrubbers to run in line, but was unsure if I should run them before the skimmer or the luft pump.
Yes. That's what I was suggesting. :)
 
Before the luft pump. You can make an enclosure with Tupperware and put an air filter on it...

Or...

You can put it after, so only clean air reaches the stone... if there's no filter, the wooden diffuser will get clogged quickly.
 
I think after the luft pump will be cleaner like you said, and also more accessible to change media for the co2 scrubber as well. How are you suggesting to run an air filter in a tupperware container?
 
I'm between tanks but will have my new 135 gal up tomorrow and will start it with the nano bubble method. Thanks for all of your help buddy.
 
I do this by putting the power head out of the water a tiny bit till it sucks air, in the tank... works great.
 
There’s some really bad information in here, just ask @Randy Holmes-Farley if you don’t trust me...

Dissolved oxygen has no effect on pH.

There is no appreciable relationship between dissolved oxygen concentration and dissolved carbon dioxide concentration... they act independent of each other.

That’s it.
 
I thought it’s supposed to work like a skimmer does, binding to solids and dissolved solids and bring them up to the surface. Haven’t read about PH benefits or problems. [emoji848]
 
I thought it’s supposed to work like a skimmer does, binding to solids and dissolved solids and bring them up to the surface. Haven’t read about PH benefits or problems. [emoji848]

There would be no change in ph if you are scrubbing with the same air that surrounds the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new