MINDSTREAM UNBOXING!!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys! Got this in the mail today, and can't wait to get it on the tank!!!! I know lots of us have been waiting to see what this thing will be like, so I made an unboxing video. I'll keep you guys updated on my experience with it as I get it set up. I'm excited to try this out!!

Snookin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, those angles are terrible. Can you by any chance get some close ups? The controller looked rather large....does that go in the tank? Dimensions? Can the foil packets be open to show us close ups or does that expose them to air and they start to degrade? Thanks for the unboxing video but you didn’t really show what’s in the box. Also, what did the packaging say in the blue with white letter?

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! Got this in the mail today, and can't wait to get it on the tank!!!! I know lots of us have been waiting to see what this thing will be like, so I made an unboxing video. I'll keep you guys updated on my experience with it as I get it set up. I'm excited to try this out!!

I can’t wait to see how you like it! I’m very interested in this device. Are you planning on running any side by side tests with test kits to compare results? I’m mainly curious about potassium.

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Man, those angles are terrible. Can you by any chance get some close ups? The controller looked rather large....does that go in the tank? Dimensions? Can the foil packets be open to show us close ups or does that expose them to air and they start to degrade? Thanks for the unboxing video but you didn’t really show what’s in the box. Also, what did the packaging say in the blue with white letter?
Sorry you didn't like my angles. :rolleyes: :p Here's a few close up photos:

20190813_231539.jpg

20190813_231558.jpg

20190813_231642.jpg

The controller does go in the tank. I don't think it'll be awful though. My back panel is black anyway. It could also go in the sump.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure unwrapping the disks is a bad idea until they're being installed, but I'll get a photo of it tomorrow and post it up. :cool:

Bryson.bobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

20190813_231539.jpg

20190813_231558.jpg

20190813_231642.jpg

And yeah, I'm pretty sure unwrapping the disks is a bad idea until they're being installed, but I'll get a photo of it tomorrow and post it up. :cool:
Now that’s some good angles! lol

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

20190813_231539.jpg

20190813_231558.jpg

20190813_231642.jpg

The controller does go in the tank. I don't think it'll be awful though. My back panel is black anyway. It could also go in the sump.

Can it go in the sump or it needs to be in the display?

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can it go in the sump or it needs to be in the display?
I think it'd be fine in the sump. I haven't seen anything that requires it to go in the display. I figure most people will put it in the sump.

Snookin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

20190813_231539.jpg

20190813_231558.jpg

20190813_231642.jpg

Very cool! Thank you for the close ups

OP
OP
Daniel@R2R

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Snookin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No prob. I'll try to get better video and info tomorrow. :cool:
You should. You have a product that really hasn’t been mass released. Take some time and show off each aspect of the Mindstream during the unboxing. Big opportunity to be the first to share a lot of exciting new info to R2R. The video left a lot to be desired.

ddrueckh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should. You have a product that really hasn’t been mass released. Take some time and show off each aspect of the Mindstream during the unboxing. Big opportunity to be the first to share a lot of exciting new info to R2R. The video left a lot to be desired.
Ouch...That was pretty rude. I appreciate him making the video and sharing it with us. I thought it was just fine for an initial unboxing. I hope you didn't scare him away from making more videos about this product. I really want to see more.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have watching g to many YouTube videos
Daniel good what’s in the box video. Much more to come I am sure. Remember you winning this and the tank that year.

DylanE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Seriously, stop whining. Dude made a video for the sake of sharing something cool, no one cares that it’s not how you’d do it.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back