Mini Complete Tank... World's Smallest Reef?

OP
OP
KingTideCorals

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My vote is still a rock nem:). Can’t wait for this tank to come in! Thanks Enabler!!!
Oh rock flower baby would be actually really sweet!!

giphy.gif

OP
OP
KingTideCorals

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and happy reefing everyone from this tiny little reef!

Heater controller on the way for this bad boy!! Realizing with the strength at 7.5W I thought a little heater controller would be a must for this little build!

Going to be adding an ink bird here shortly! An addition that will go documented into the mini series of the Mini Complete Tank build! Thanks all for checking out the thread, and if you have not done so check out the video at the beginning of the thread! (if you like it go subscribe to the channel!)

Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 5.09.45 PM.png

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Heater controller on the way for this bad boy!! Realizing with the strength at 7.5W I thought a little heater controller would be a must for this little build!

Going to be adding an ink bird here shortly! An addition that will go documented into the mini series of the Mini Complete Tank build! Thanks all for checking out the thread, and if you have not done so check out the video at the beginning of the thread! (if you like it go subscribe to the channel!)

j5GYPUe.gif

google serps with ads -

r20crazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good choice.. I am using one on mine.

Mirya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Colin Foord of Coral Morphologic did a talk at MACNA this year where he showed his Mini Complete Tank stocked with baby rock flower anemones spawned at his facility. It was a very cool little tank.

OP
OP
KingTideCorals

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Colin Foord of Coral Morphologic did a talk at MACNA this year where he showed his Mini Complete Tank stocked with baby rock flower anemones spawned at his facility. It was a very cool little tank.
Oh very cool, a baby rock flower was no doubt in the talks! But I would want the SMALLEST of babes..

Really cool would love to see that tank.

I look forward to your first fish: A TANG.

LOL dont think a fish will come anywhere near this sucker! Mini inverts only!

giphy.gif

JasonK84

I want more!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Sunday everyone!

Hope you all are well, this weeks upload I set up what I think is the funniest/smallest all in one tank I have EVER seen! Genuinely excited about this build and this video series! Come check out the unboxing and set up of the Mini Complete Tank!

Also, if you have not checked out my channel yet, I started a YouTube channel! I have been making weekly uploads and I have really enjoyed myself and gotten amazing support from you all! Enjoy and let me know what you think I should stock with this bad boy!

I also bought one of these little tanks. Haven’t set it up yet but I’m thinking a Pom Pom crab and zoa.

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My worry with a baby rock nem would be what to do once it starts getting too big. They're hard to remove unhurt, you'd have to take the rock out.
Unless you could find someone who can sell you one or two of these, which would never outgrow it. http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2174529
I know there are a couple of infrequently appearing anemone species like these. My LFS has a display tank with a bunch of 'em, little guys who look a bit like big, flat zoanthids, about an inch across. Those particular ones do multiply at a decent rate, though.

OP
OP
KingTideCorals

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My worry with a baby rock nem would be what to do once it starts getting too big. They're hard to remove unhurt, you'd have to take the rock out.
Unless you could find someone who can sell you one or two of these, which would never outgrow it. http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2174529
I know there are a couple of infrequently appearing anemone species like these. My LFS has a display tank with a bunch of 'em, little guys who look a bit like big, flat zoanthids, about an inch across. Those particular ones do multiply at a decent rate, though.
Good points all around!

Also very interesting, going to get lost in that thread! Very cool little nems, you are right though so much like rock nems!

giphy.gif

ashiWaza

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy Sunday everyone!

Hope you all are well, this weeks upload I set up what I think is the funniest/smallest all in one tank I have EVER seen! Genuinely excited about this build and this video series! Come check out the unboxing and set up of the Mini Complete Tank!

Also, if you have not checked out my channel yet, I started a YouTube channel! I have been making weekly uploads and I have really enjoyed myself and gotten amazing support from you all! Enjoy and let me know what you think I should stock with this bad boy!

Wait....that hat. Do you live in Reno?!

3lusive

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have one of those. set up for a few months. fun but evap sucks
Planning in the next coming upload in the series doing some work on getting an ATO incorporated!

giphy.gif

This ato setup has been flawless for me. Highly recommend it to anyone setting one of these up. Only downside is my idea requires drilling.

Screenshot_20200922-225800_Instagram.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back