Mini Tentacles in sand bed

sketh

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 22, 2024
Messages
83
Reaction score
52
Location
Central New Jersey
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral Only tank, no fish/inverts.
Any idea what this little tentacle is? I recorded one of them but I see 2 short ones and 1 slightly longer one.

If a pest, any advice on how to remove it?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3217.mov
    66.7 MB
  • IMG_3218.mov
    72.8 MB
I can’t see the video, but my tank is full of brittle stars. Tiny tentacles everywhere!
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I can’t see the video, but my tank is full of brittle stars. Tiny tentacles everywhere!
Sorry about that- I posted the link to the video uploaded to youtube in a previous reply.

I don’t think it’s a brittle star- the tentacles seem quite small!
 
Upvote 0
I know they're tiny, but any chance you could get closer up pics/video?
They are very tiny- I cant get any closer without compromising video quality unfortunately.

Here is a video where you can see the movement of the tentacle/work much better.
Tentacle Movement

Any signs I should be looking out for to ID this? They seem to only be in the shade under my arch rock but also seem to have a tiny Spaghetti Worm nearby.
 
Upvote 0
They are very tiny- I cant get any closer without compromising video quality unfortunately.

Here is a video where you can see the movement of the tentacle/work much better.
Tentacle Movement

Any signs I should be looking out for to ID this? They seem to only be in the shade under my arch rock but also seem to have a tiny Spaghetti Worm nearby.
Not that I can think of without having a better idea what they are; they don't seem like they'd be anything harmful though.
 
Upvote 0
I found another one slightly closer to the glass. This one specifically seems to open at night. Should be much clearer!

 
Upvote 0
I found another one slightly closer to the glass. This one specifically seems to open at night. Should be much clearer!


I would guess some kind of peanut worm (Sipuncula) which would be harmless/beneficial, but it sticking straight up out of the substrate like that is odd.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new