Mirror Method - side effects

mermaid_life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have read about the mirror method and tried it myself today. Adding a tomini with a scopas. Initial introduction the scopas was immediately side swiping and attacking the tomini.

I haven't read anything about people talking about the side effects! My male lyretail, male cardinal, sixline are all huddled around the mirror flexing!! The tomini is also occasionally joining the flex sessions while the scopas is staying on opposite side "pacing" and "side-eyeing" the activity. I don't know what to think of it! lol

JumboShrimp

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe the mirror has turned into a game of underwater ‘speed dating’— they all think they’ve found their future mates! Lol. :)

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, some scientists believe that fish are self aware and can recognize themselves. They might very well be flexing in front of the mirror ;)

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a yellow tang that would chase my long nose butterfly. I hung a mirror hoping my yellow tang would entertain itself in facing off against the mirror. Instead it was the long nose butterfly who couldn't swim past the mirror without going into it's defensive dorsal spikes extended. It was amusing to watch.

1632493359600.png

OP
OP
mermaid_life

mermaid_life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, some scientists believe that fish are self aware and can recognize themselves. They might very well be flexing in front of the mirror ;)

Fascinating!

OP
OP
mermaid_life

mermaid_life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a yellow tang that would chase my long nose butterfly. I hung a mirror hoping my yellow tang would entertain itself in facing off against the mirror. Instead it was the long nose butterfly who couldn't swim past the mirror without going into it's defensive dorsal spikes extended. It was amusing to watch.

1632493359600.png
How did your situation resolve?

Back