Missing anemone

AnemoneWrangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m fairly new to marine aquariums and have recently lost/can’t find a small bubble tip anemone I added a month ago. It was doing well slightly moving around on on section of rock and now I cant locate it anywhere. I’ve checked through the sump/outlet pipes/reservoir tanks, including inside the Nem guards on the wavemakers. I do have another BTA in the tank that is twice the size, could it have eaten it? Otherwise I’ve got 2 oscellaris clowns, a lawnmower Benny, Foxface, Blue tang and a small wrasse- none of which have seemed at all fussed with the BTAs. Any tips for adding another BTA if this one fails to show up?

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m fairly new to marine aquariums and have recently lost/can’t find a small bubble tip anemone I added a month ago. It was doing well slightly moving around on on section of rock and now I cant locate it anywhere. I’ve checked through the sump/outlet pipes/reservoir tanks, including inside the Nem guards on the wavemakers. I do have another BTA in the tank that is twice the size, could it have eaten it? Otherwise I’ve got 2 oscellaris clowns, a lawnmower Benny, Foxface, Blue tang and a small wrasse- none of which have seemed at all fussed with the BTAs. Any tips for adding another BTA if this one fails to show up?
Probably hiding behind the rock, under the rock or in the rock... They love to hide so wait for few days.

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also,Check your skimmer for excessive skimmate. That's an indication that the anemone is dead or close to it. Also, you can test for ammonia. This will usually spike if your anemone is dead. You can also look at the water. If it is cloudy, or had a lot of unusual surface bubbles, or smells bad, your anemone might be dead.

OP
OP
A

AnemoneWrangler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also,Check your skimmer for excessive skimmate. That's an indication that the anemone is dead or close to it. Also, you can test for ammonia. This will usually spike if your anemone is dead. You can also look at the water. If it is cloudy, or had a lot of unusual surface bubbles, or smells bad, your anemone might be dead.
Great thanks so much. Skimmer seems it’s normal volume and all water parameters are stable so it must be hiding somewhere- although I have no idea where!

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't go looking for it. If hiding it's probably stressed for one reason or another. Disturbing it further or tearing a foot while moving rocks will only make things worse. Ensure proper lighting, parameters, flow and the rest of the necessities an anemone has. If you have/do, it will return.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.8%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back