Missing fish Mysteriously Appear

Texas Rick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, over a year ago. My blue hippo tang dissapeared without any trace. I have and still do for over 2 years a 30 gallon tank. One day, i had to leave for 3 days for work out of state. When i came back. I noticed dory was missing. Nowhere to be found. Not on the floor nearby. Not in rocks. Not anywhere, literally. So i pronounced her missing in action, Or dead. Since then, i removed the rocks. Made numberous water changes, sifted the sand. And at a point, I didn't do water changes for over 4 months. But my clown fish were still there. So just a couples of days, I was at work. My daughter was watching TV. Keep in mind, she has been missing over a year now. She heard splashing in the aquarium. So she went to check what was the whole commotion. When she looked, she texted me and asked me if i got a dory. I said no. She said there was dory in the tank. I said, no way your pulling my leg right? So she sent me a picture. And sure enough, she was there. So i am very confused at just what happened. How is she still alive and how did she just appear from nowhere. She grew just a bit. she is not harmed. she is swimming like nothing happened. But once again this is only a 30 gallon JBJ tank. I have pulled the rocks out about 4 months ago. I cannot imagine she was hiding in the sand. I've sifted it in almost every water change. but get this. now my star fish is missing. and it was very big.

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm also confused as to how it survived. Somehow it must have been getting food. Somewhere w algae most likely

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that's a whopper of a story
ZomboMeme 21072021210923.jpg

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
every time i changed the water i cleaned the filters and carbon
Yeah, but the nanocube has a false floor where the carbon and filters are that runs along the bottom that connects both return chambers. If the tank is up against a wall, you would have a hard time seeing it, especially as it would swim to the far side of whatever side you were on. The fact that there was a splash heard makes me think this is the most likely scenario.

MexiReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so, probably a yeat ago a blue tang appeared in my tank, musteriously as I have never bouth one. I was baffled for some weeks and just accpeted the fact that it appeared. Now it disappeared from the tank again, no body, no note, nothing. Probably is the same fish shifting tanks. How awsome would that be?

OP
OP
Texas Rick

Texas Rick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, but the nanocube has a false floor where the carbon and filters are that runs along the bottom that connects both return chambers. If the tank is up against a wall, you would have a hard time seeing it, especially as it would swim to the far side of whatever side you were on. The fact that there was a splash heard makes me think this is the most likely scenario.
I've replaced the pumps on both sides, I've sucked the water from the back chambers before. I cant explain it. but get this. now my starfish is missing.

OP
OP
Texas Rick

Texas Rick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so, probably a yeat ago a blue tang appeared in my tank, musteriously as I have never bouth one. I was baffled for some weeks and just accpeted the fact that it appeared. Now it disappeared from the tank again, no body, no note, nothing. Probably is the same fish shifting tanks. How awsome would that be?
Crazy story eh! Imaging that!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back