Mobius App

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it down or something. For some reason it is saying my pump cant be found and cant connect?

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this app cloud dependent? I know it connects via BT to the devices but what happens if you shut off WiFi and cellular data? Does the app still connect to the devices and allow for full control?
Does it store all the data on your phone?

Last edited:

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What pump are you trying to connect?
1582891123742.png

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Versa. Its connected and running but everytime.I try going into.the app to adjust a setting its saying the pump is not found.
How close are you to the Versa when trying to open the app?

LiamPM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On top of it.
Ah doesn't sound to great then - I've read of people accidentally trying to connect with Bluetooth on their mobile switched off etc or being out of house and not finding it which all make sense being Bluetooth but not with everything as it should..... Not even sure how you'd make it visible, at least with the reef link a quick reboot brought them back online

OP
OP
Huskymaniac

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah doesn't sound to great then - I've read of people accidentally trying to connect with Bluetooth on their mobile switched off etc or being out of house and not finding it which all make sense being Bluetooth but not with everything as it should..... Not even sure how you'd make it visible, at least with the reef link a quick reboot brought them back online

Tried it on my phone, ipad, wifes phone and nothing. Gonna try playing with again when I get home.

OP
OP
Huskymaniac

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didnt see it. I was paired with something called ITL but have no idea what that was. I am assuming since it was paired that wasnt it otherwise I would have been able to get into it.

Lundiboy8

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am hoping I am just confused with the mobius app. I set up my light template to my liking with my times but the clock doesn't follow the template. I have to keep refreshing it to update to the current time and color change in the template. My lights didnt turn off last night until I refreshed the time in the settings.

Oberst Oswald

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought 2 G5's Blue and absolutely hate Mobius. The most screwy control I have ever seen. Have to use the phone instead of a computer. Please, please bring back Reeflink which always worked fine for my lights (G3) and Vortech pumps. Think tomorrow will use 2 outlets from the Apex to turn on & off at the proper times for time being. Or try to figure Mobius out and confirm the problem is me being a dumb old man... Going to check U Tube for helpful videos.

Oberst Oswald

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question... can the Mobius app work with a computer's bluetooth? The app says Apple or Google play. Google play is on my phone, which has the 2 lights connected, but I can't get the app on my computer. Going to try a tablet. My big clumsy fingers with the phone is the problem.

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would you control your pump via your phone? What if there’s error and it shuts off or you accidentally shut it off? I am old school I can see this like many apex user are having problems. Keep it simple maybe?

Ameer214

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When it comes to reef tech, there is a fine balance between simple and interesting. Some of us are further on the interesting side then others

Oberst Oswald

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok... I'm not stupid. There is something wrong with Android Mobius app. Things were missing. Bought a not too expensive Apple tablet and had no problem with Mobius. Worked as it should.

Ameer214

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok... I'm not stupid. There is something wrong with Android Mobius app. Things were missing. Bought a not too expensive Apple tablet and had no problem with Mobius. Worked as it should.

I am using the Android version and yes it is very very buggy. For example, to set the schedule; you set it from "Sunrise" to "Sunrise", lol. I am having a bunch of other issues with it as well. Didn't know the iOS app was better. Will try that instead.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back